Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Idea When...

• 12-01-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭

Metallica's next album is coming out?

They were supposed to start it about a year ago but i have heard nothing new since...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They haven't really started recording anything yet, so don't expect anything for at least 6 months.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=13973

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

I'd say it will be late 06 early 07 before it's out. Should hopefully see a return of guitar solos has Lars and Kirk have stated in interviews that they missed them on the last record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd say late '07 if we're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I read that its gonna be late 06 or early 07. and yes, supposedly solo's will be back. Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i dunno about you guys, but i personally am just dying to hear rob trujillo's input...

and rumour has it that lars has put away the bin-lids he foolishly played on for st anger...

this will be the album that will make or break metallica, st anger shook alot of faith in fans out there, this is gonna either make up for it, or be a potential nail in the coffin of metallica:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All I can say is that it had better be a vast improvement on St. Anger. That album was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

narco wrote:
    this will be the album that will make or break metallica, st anger shook alot of faith in fans out there, this is gonna either make up for it, or be a potential nail in the coffin of metallica:eek:

Ehhhh.... The black one shook a lot of the faith of Metallica fans, what has happened since has merely been confirmation that they're a band devoid of the inspiration that made them so good to start off with. Stanger remains one of the worst pieces of ****e ever committed to a CD. I wonder will they still write by committee since it proved to be such a blazing success the last time or will they just see what Korn and Limp Bizkit are up to now and copy that again?

I reckon the new one will be emo since emo's just gone out of fashion like nu-metal had when stanger was released :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

One saving grace if rumour turns out to be true is that Bob Rock will not be involved in production due to commitments with Motley Crue and that Slayer producer Rick Rubin will take over. I for one hope it is, he might get Ulrich to play some good drums.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47504

Advertisement