Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Keys not working

• 12-01-2006 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Hey, Ive a real big problem, three of my keys have stopped working (9,8,7).
    Its a nokia 3650, have had it for bout 6 months, didnt drop or spill anything on it. I bought it second hand so Ive no come back.

Any advice? (Self fix or where to go)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

try fonefix in finglas, they are a registered nokia repair centre. fonefix.ie gives you all details and your looking to pay bout 50 euro if its repairable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

Hey, Ive a real big problem, three of my keys have stopped working (9,8,7).
    Its a nokia 3650, have had it for bout 6 months, didnt drop or spill anything on it. I bought it second hand so Ive no come back.

Any advice? (Self fix or where to go)

Dirt, dust and grime from everyday use can build up in the phone. Remove the cover and use a cotton bud to clean the board and also the back of the buttons.

If this makes no difference you will probably have to bring it to be repaired. I had a similar problem with a 6230 and I needed to get the phones software reflashed (i.e re-installed) to correct the problem. However make sure you give a good clean before you go spending money to fix it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sounds like it needs a flashing. That one fact annoys me about Symbian phones, the ease at which firmware can be corrupted by endless amount of crappy software available.

Do you install much third party stuff? I fcuked up several Symbian phones messing about with cracked applications and games and most had to be flashed back to working order.

At the end of the day its a 3650 and to get it properly flashed at a service center will cost quite a bit. Plus it's an ugly mother :D

Time to upgrade me thinks! Could pick up a (nicer imo) dirt cheap 7650, or a cheapish 6600, and not affect the pocket too badly ;)

Advertisement