Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slight nokia 6630 problem

• 12-01-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

How's it going?
    What I'm wondering is does the following justify getting my phone repaired:

Whats happening is that every so often my phone seams to disconnect from the network entirely (without displaying any notice, in that the reception indicator is still full) so I can't make or receive calls or send receive text messages. When I realise it, all I have to do is restart the phone and its fine, but as you can imagine its annoying as hell, and I can't really tell when its happened except when I meets someone and they tell me they couldn't get through to my phone.

So I went to a nokia center to get a firmware upgrade, got one, but it didn't help. So I went to meteor (I'm using a 2G sim even though its 3g) and they gave me a new sim card, which actually helped for ages but now its happening again.

Could it be hardware related? Anyone else notice something similar? Could it be meteors service? Any help would be really appreciated!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I used a 6630 on Meteor no probs, and especially seeing as you got a new sim and things are persisting, I doubt its network related.

Is it a sim free model, or originally on Voda?

Alot of people have problems using various networks sims in 3g handsets originally on the Voda network...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah, it was a voda originally. Thinking of switching to vodas 3G network anyhow, might be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Did you find anyway of fixing this..... i'm having the same problems.... Its a Vodafone phone was going to get a software upgrade tomorrow but as you said it didnt work... I am using Meteor..
    Zapho wrote:
    How's it going?
    What I'm wondering is does the following justify getting my phone repaired:

Whats happening is that every so often my phone seams to disconnect from the network entirely (without displaying any notice, in that the reception indicator is still full) so I can't make or receive calls or send receive text messages. When I realise it, all I have to do is restart the phone and its fine, but as you can imagine its annoying as hell, and I can't really tell when its happened except when I meets someone and they tell me they couldn't get through to my phone.

So I went to a nokia center to get a firmware upgrade, got one, but it didn't help. So I went to meteor (I'm using a 2G sim even though its 3g) and they gave me a new sim card, which actually helped for ages but now its happening again.

Could it be hardware related? Anyone else notice something similar? Could it be meteors service? Any help would be really appreciated!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Have you selected GSM network under network settings?

I did there about a Hour ago would that of caused it?

• Advertisement

Well technically speaking it SHOULDN'T becausing your problem as Meteor have ONLY GSM, but because of their roaming agreement with O2 and O2 having their 3G network in development, it could be possible that its trying to latch onto a 3G signal and then not releasing it!

Let us know how you get on or if it sorts it

Will Do.
    Might get a firmware upgrade while i am at it

I'll put it this way
    A firmware upgrade never does any harm anyway, so if its under warranty, you can get it done free

Yeah its under warrenty so might aswell get one while i can for free.

Advertisement