Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to update PSP ?

• 12-01-2006 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

With Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max coming out soon , i think majority of the latest games are not supported by 1.5 [and/or with any hack that makes the psp read a higher version]

Katamari Damacy, Prince of Persia, TokoBot, none work, and with new ones comming up such as Viewtiful Joe, Outrun 2006, Megan Man X and Splinter Cell Essentials, i think its best i upgrade.

Never played any roms and using umd emulator just made me lose appreciation for the games.

splinterp1.jpg
    kata04.jpg
    vjpsp4.jpg
    street-fighter-alpha-3-max-20051116021214693.jpg
    street-fighter-alpha-3-max-20051116021213802.jpg
    SFA3max 2 vs 1 :eek:

anyway
    ive heard of a firmware emulator that emulated future firmware, can anyone shed further light on this ? still in development stages..
    Sony will keep hitting us with patches and codecs and so far hackers are not really keeping up, if i want tetris il go play it on my phone.

AFAIK latest games require 2.00 plus ? so upgrading to just to wouldnt be any much use [just GTA] ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Im waiting for the gp2x to get its feet on the ground so I can play some decent emulators on it then ill upgrade to 2.0 on the psp, probably wont bother till outrun comes out I love outrun. Gta is not worth it imo, I recently downgraded again after playing that most boring and frustrating of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

No mention of Guilty Gear Judgement, Exit or Every Extend Extra... Placebo those are the REAL games to wait for ;)

Viewtiful Joe is a bit of a disappointment really. Control doesn't feel as slick as before, which is a shame.

I've got Prince of Persia on my 1.5 though running with no problem. It's an ok game. Movement is amazingly fun and fighting is very sameish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

But you forget that in time yes a donwgrader wil lappear for 2.01 to 1.5 but then there will also be able to allow you to play your homebrew on your 2.01, so you wont have to downgrade if you want to play old skoll games, it can be done of 2.01.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

upgrading and downgrading again and again is not for me, i just think id appreciate games more if i paid for them and id actually spend time playing them.
    What new/good games work with 2.00 ?

EXIT does look amazing, as does GG:judgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

But you forget that in time yes a donwgrader wil lappear for 2.01 to 1.5 but then there will also be able to allow you to play your homebrew on your 2.01, so you wont have to downgrade if you want to play old skoll games, it can be done of 2.01.

what about 2.5, 2.6, and then 3.0, 3.xx you can't just hope for a downgrader every time. at the least tis going to a lot longer. and with humma gone.......
    We need custom firmware. Team emergency exit is looking at possibly puting 2 flash chips in the psp or at least find a way to flash our own firmware to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

snes emulator is working on 2.0, gta need 2.0, upgrade to 2.0 - that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

any release dates for upcoming games on psp, seems at last there are some good titles staring to come our way

SF3 is out in japan and usa today and requires 2.5,
    time to upgrade for me, good bye useless homebrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

2.5? ffs, thats a real dissapointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Placebo wrote:

The US version isn't out until the 7th February. I was going to get the Japanese version but I think I'll wait. Is the free D - pad attachment a Japan only thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Is there anyplace on the net where i can find version 2.00 in the EBOOT.PBP format as all i can find is working links to verison 2.60 but all dead for v2.

Thanks

The US version isn't out until the 7th February. I was going to get the Japanese version but I think I'll wait. Is the free D - pad attachment a Japan only thing ?
    should we wait for euro one, incase our friends buy it at some stage ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Placebo wrote:

Instead of upgrading, why don't you swop with someone one who will make use of the lower firmware.
    Seems an awful waste...

patch wrote:
    Instead of upgrading, why don't you swop with someone one who will make use of the lower firmware.
    Seems an awful waste...

wouldnt wanna risk a fault psp really.

Advertisement