Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 650 - dont listen to mty last bit of advice

• 12-01-2006 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

To anyone that has asked about the hyosung over the past while, I have been 1 of the 1st to jump up and say NO, stay away from this, but after a few go's on a GT 650R (not just a quick spin, but went on a lenghty run around Dublin and then down to Wicklow) I have to a say that it is something else, to be honest I havnt tried to many other bikes but for me this is unbelievebly comfortable (being only 5ft 6 its tough to find a bike like this to fit me) has a good bit of pull on it and so far have had no problems butting it into corners at a decent speed..... the only down side that I can think of so far is the brakes, not sure if they are all this bad but it took a few miles before I got to know my limits, anyway thats my 2 cents and well worth paying its price tag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Its the same lump as the SV650, and hyosung used to make bikes for suzuki before establishing their own brand presence. So they've got an ok pedigree.
    I've seen one or two in the flesh, they look good and the owners are always happy with them.
    People need to get over brand name snobbery and judge the bikes on thir merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Yeah, just wait a couple of years until they've rusted away to nothing and the electrics have fried themselves and then pass judgement...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

PCDub wrote:
    Yeah, just wait a couple of years until they've rusted away to nothing and the electrics have fried themselves and then pass judgement...;)

I actually liked the look of them when i seen the in Bikeworld, but any I've seen that have been driven for a year or so have really bad rust and look really shoddy. The build quality reminds me of the likes of the small Fiats , they only look good for a while.

Advertisement