Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem opening ports

• 12-01-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi i am having problems opening ports on netopia (after firmware upgrade) can someone open a port say 113 and test it with http://www.grc.com/default.htm click on shieldsup and test common ports.
    i have firewall disabled on router windows firewall also but it only changes from stealth to closed. I know about www.portforward.com and have done this many times I cant get a loan of a router till tomor to test it my self. i also have reset the router loads of times. its a Netopia 3341 with latest firmware upgrade. Never had a problem with the firmware that was shipped with it. i think that was 7.3

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I know that its old now, but just fixed this problem on my own router. Eircom seems to have activated the firewall on the router, and it needs to be set to "low" if you want to open ports. It was the last place I thought of looking, and has been bugging me for weeks.

Advertisement