Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom leagues watch out

• 12-01-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Sunderland midfielder Colin Healy has decided to leave the club when his contract expires next week after more than two years out injured.

The 25-year-old former Celtic player has not figured since sustaining an horrendous leg fracture at Coventry in December 2003, and will leave the Stadium of Light when his existing six-month deal runs out.

Healy, who played for manager Mick McCarthy during his spell in charge of the Republic of Ireland national side, will return to his native country to consider his options, although has been offered the chance to continue to work with the club's medical staff in a bid to reach full fitness.

if he can rediscover the form he was in before the injury he is a quality midfielder and was going to be a good replacement for Keane. Pity the way things have turned out for him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can he play wide left? Apparently Shels are after an English based left winger who wants to join the club...

Honestly can't see any Irish clubs taking a risk on him though, not with an injury record like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Would be a decent signing for any club if fit, but not worth a risk (well, a long term contract anyway) for a club in a precarious financial position. Plus, Shels don't need any more centre mids!

Where is he from btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

He's a central mid fielder, can play on the right too. Can't see Shels needing him anyway, even less chance of Cork City being after him especially with his injury record. He'll probably stay in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Would be a decent signing for any club if fit, but not worth a risk (well, a long term contract anyway) for a club in a precarious financial position. Plus, Shels don't need any more centre mids!

Where is he from btw?

Cork, maybe on a pay as you play deal. I really liked him as a player and was a good central midfielder in his time. Was just starting to do good things for Sunderland when he got that injury against Coventry. It was a terrible tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Where is he from btw?

I think he is from Cork but not 100% sure

• Advertisement

Yeah he's from Cork cheers. Maybe he'll join Cobh so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

He's from Ballincollig, about 6 miles outside Cork City. I went to the same school as him. Nice guy. I was really hoping that he would get over this injury. Its a big shame because he looked the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Why does everybody think he will join an EL team? I can see him joining a Championship side if he manages to recover full fitness (IMO anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

he looked a very good player back in the day. i for one was looking forward to seeing him in a green jersey long into the future. im wondering why he is being let go. ie is it they think he just isnt good enough? do they think he will never be as good again? is he too much a risk injury wise?

the boy has talent and all he needs is to be nursed back into action again. it might take some time but it would be worth the wait particulalry for a championship team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

rumour says its a done deal hes training with Cork atm, good to see him walking let alone training, hope Cork get him playing.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaC wrote:
    rumour says its a done deal hes training with Cork atm, good to see him walking let alone training, hope Cork get him playing.

kdjac

Is this another rumour of the Poborsky nature?

he looked a very good player back in the day. i for one was looking forward to seeing him in a green jersey long into the future. im wondering why he is being let go. ie is it they think he just isnt good enough? do they think he will never be as good again? is he too much a risk injury wise?

the boy has talent and all he needs is to be nursed back into action again. it might take some time but it would be worth the wait particulalry for a championship team.

From what I have heard, could be wrong, he wasn't released but that his contract was over and he wasn't getting a look in so left. He moved back to Ireland to consider his option and could move back to the UK if he decides. If so Sunderland said he could train and use there medical staff till he gets to full fitness and try and win a contract with another club.

Mick seems to like him alot and wants to help him get back to playing. I remember his first game for Ireland where is was MoM even thou only playing half the game. Pity he didnt get to WC with all the messing that went on with Keane

Just read that Healy has joined Weso and co. at Livingston, at least until the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/4774358.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Just read that Healy has joined Weso and co. at Livingston, at least until the end of the season.

God help him playing in the Scottish 1st division next season.

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Heard that last week but forgot to post, good move for him. Hopefully can get into the squad and get some fitness back. A season there to get back into shape and who knows.

Forgot about him not minding moving to Scotland since he used to live there in his Celtic days

Advertisement