Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

So then, is my mp3 player completely useless?

• 12-01-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm talking about the mp3 player on the Motorola E770v. By the looks of it, I can only transfer songs from my computer onto my phone using bluetooth, which my computer doesn't have.

When I connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable, it recognises it as new hardware and as "Motorola V770v phone" and then asks me to insert a software disc, which I don't have.

So what's the story here? Have I missed something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

bread .... this is how I access my memory card in the phone to down load photo's to the phone (music would be similar I guess) if I get the message you refer to i.e. insert disc ....

follow this to the letter and see what it gives you .... (after double click on 'mobile' folder you should then be able to get audio ... video and picture folders ... and off you go) ....
    Power down phone (using red button)

Power up phone .. .. ..

On phone …. Connections >select USB > select memory card

Cable into phone

Put USB Cable into PC

My computer > double click on drive E …. Double click on ‘mobile’ ….. then right click on picture folder and open with ‘U Lead Explorer ….. (the U lead thingy is something I use re photo's)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm talking about the mp3 player on the Motorola E770v. By the looks of it, I can only transfer songs from my computer onto my phone using bluetooth, which my computer doesn't have.

When I connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable, it recognises it as new hardware and as "Motorola V770v phone" and then asks me to insert a software disc, which I don't have.

So what's the story here? Have I missed something?

Yep - you missed soemthing (but its so well hidden that we all missed it).

Go into connectivity - USB and set the connection type to memory card - this means that your card will show up as a drive on your PC/mac. From there you can just drag 'n' drop your files..If you leave connectivity to "data" it will try and load drivers etc etc.

Edit: note to self - must read previous posts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

parsi ... I was wondering where you were !!! .... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

nice one, thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

hobie wrote:
    parsi ... I was wondering where you were !!! .... :p

Down the back .. out of touch ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nice one parsi, I was just about to ask the same question... For a moment I was worried I was suppose to shell out another 60 quid to Motorola for that stupid utility disk of theirs! :rolleyes:

Advertisement