Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i bottle beer out of a keg

• 12-01-2006 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

i got this king keg thing to brew beer but i can't carry it round with me so i wanted to know if i can bottle some of it out of the keg while it's brewing like you would outof the fermenter so i have some portable beer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it is finished brewing in the keg you could fill a 2litre coke bottle with it, then put in a teaspoon of sugar, cap it and let it fizz up even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

deadly. ****in deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

rubadub wrote:
    If it is finished brewing in the keg you could fill a 2litre coke bottle with it, then put in a teaspoon of sugar, cap it and let it fizz up even more.
    Agreed. I did this many times. One thing though, make sure to keep that coke bottle in the dark so that the beer does not go sour. Thats about all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Those bottles with rubber seals are good for this too (the Grolsch type bottle). And yes, put it in a dark place and not too much sugar... I had a few explosions due to this.

Advertisement