Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Roscommon-need help with BB, Digital, etc.

• 12-01-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,
    I am moving to Roscommon next month, and am hoping someone can help me with the following:

I need to buy a Television, would like a flat-screen, where would I purchase one at a fair price?

Which is the best for Roscommon, NTL, Sky,other?

Best Broadband provider?

What phone provider would be best for USA and UK calls?

Need a lap-top, where would be best to purchase? Am thinking of Dell?

Any help would be most appreciated as I don't want to make wrong choices.
    Thank you in anticipation.
    Mollie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BB

Lastmile or Digiweb (both wireless) unless you move to Roscommon Town which also has DSL

TV , get SKY all in for 1 year deal for c.€210 and you own the box at the end, they install for you as well and an aerial to pick up terrestrial (UHF aerial) in case

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mollie006

Yes, I am moving 1 mile outside of Roscommon Town. When you say it is the whole package with sky all in one deal, what does that mean? Sorry, for the ignorance....I don't know anything about services there, except what I am trying to learn on this site and others... Thank you so much for your help!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

www.sky.com

rep of ireland

see channel packs , pick 2 for €10 a month x 3 and 20 a month x 9 = €210 for 12 months or so, they will install free .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Morkin

Hi mollie006 (or anyone else reading this),

Just wondering how you got on as I've just moved to Roscommon town from Dublin. Still waiting on a telephone line from the craphouse that is Eircom but when I get it I'll be chasing broadband and Sky etc.

Any info. appreciated,

M.

Advertisement