Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpMyAdmin & MySQL

Options
  • 12-01-2006 4:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

guys i've got a question that i reckon is a piece of piddle to answer but cos i aint done it before i wanna make sure i do it right and not make a balls of it

anyways i've a database on 1 server thats using the monkeyscript newsletter ( it aint anything to do with that other thing Ph3nom thats been well dropped) now that newsletter software doesnt have a backup facility so i want to copy the 180 odd emails on that to another one and obviously keep all the table structures of the db intact in the process

so in phpMyAdmin what way / how do i download the db and what way do i upload using phpMyAdmin cos i've been looking up documentation / options and im a wee bit lost to be honest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

My server is running phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl1 and MySQL 4.1.12.
    When I log into phpMyAdmin there is an 'Export' item right there, between 'Databases' and 'Import'.
    Then select the database(s) to export and the output format.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ye see this is the bit thats confusing the hell outta me, i've no import option that i can visibly see,

have a look at the screen grab ive attached to see what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Ok what you need to do is

1. In phpMyAdmin, select the database from the left hand menu
    2. Click the title of the database in the left hand menu
    3. New screen, on right hand side, click export
    4. Select the tables you want to export,select "save as file" and then "go"

and then if you want to re-upload, you need to "drop" the database, re-create it, and then when it is created, there is an option in the right hand window (following steps 1,2 above) called SQL, select then and upload the .sql file you previously downloaded

you sir are a legend, thats been wrecking my head the last few days, thanks buddy

hate to be a pain guys so tell me where to go if ye want :-)

but ive just hit a very peculiar problem when i export the SQL DB then drop the tables and then restore them its perfectly fine and the chipmunk newsletter works fine and connects to the DB no bother BBBUUUUUUTTTT heres the thing:

when a new email addy is added it shows up in the admin backend of the chipmunk newsletter im using BUT doesnt show up in phpMyAdmin when I'm browsing through the tables nor in the backup SQL file I re-downloaded when I exported it again just to see if I was missing something with my browser cache

any ideas im stumped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

_raptor_ wrote:
    when a new email addy is added it shows up in the admin backend of the chipmunk newsletter im using BUT doesnt show up in phpMyAdmin when I'm browsing through the tables nor in the backup SQL file I re-downloaded when I exported it again just to see if I was missing something with my browser cache
    Any chance that the table with the email addy has more than 30 records?
    phpMyAdmin shows 30 records at a time. You have to click '>' or '>>' to see others.

it's got 384 to be precise but it's not date cos i know how to scroll through the records i even checked in a new backup SQL file I download and it aint there even though it is,

it's like ghost records in the db, spooooky :-)

if its showing the chipmunk admin - how does the chipmunk store the information - in the db or a flatfile?

it stores it in the db thats whats confusing the ever loving hell outta me

you might want to make doubly sure that chipmunk is actually writing to the db

*personally I would just want to look at your db and chipmunk locally and see what the blasted problem is*

• Advertisement

i'll have another squiz and see i'll pm ye the details cos its on an old server i dont use anymore

Advertisement