Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% Mortgages

Options
  • 12-01-2006 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know if there are 100% mortgage options apart from those for first time buyers and those for professionals including accountants, doctors etc?
    My boyfriend and I are soon applying for a mortgage-I am a first time buyer and he is not. He saw a mortgage advisor recently who said that one of the banks do 100% mortgages. We are meeting a mortgage advisor again next week but if anyone has any experience of this it would be much appreciated
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

I know permanents tsb do it if at least one of you is a FTB, which is the case.

Between all the 100% mortgage providers it appears that PTSB and ICS are the best ones, they also give advances for cotract deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Thanks for that-I actually found out last night that Bank of Ireland do 100% mortgages for non first time buyers, and apparently EBS as well. So looks like we have more choice than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

BOI do 100% for non FTB'rs? My Gf is a FTB but I'm not. Do you know what the criteria is for this type of mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Did quite a bit of research on this recently. I'm not a first-time buyer but my gf is. I'm going through Providence (the mortgage broker) and he's is doing to particulers to get a 100% mortgage with Ulster Bank. Now here's where it gets a bit complicated.........
    She'll be going on the deeds of the house but it'll be a joint mortgage. That way we'll be able to get all the 1st buyers allowances etc etc.....to add to that, my solicitor is doing a separate legal binding agreement, the states basically that if the relationship was to go pear shaped, and we both go our separate ways, we'll both have an equal share on the house!!

Clear as mud I hope!!?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Do any of the financial institutions offer 100% for 1 bed apartments.

Any of the websites I have checked say no but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do any of the financial institutions offer 100% for 1 bed apartments. Any of the websites I have checked say no but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that did.
    1 bed apartments are seen as poor value by the institutions, that you will trade up and incur stamp duty.

It also means you are (unlikely) to be able to avail of the Rent-a-Room scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Victor wrote:
    1 bed apartments are seen as poor value by the institutions, that you will trade up and incur stamp duty.

It also means you are (unlikely) to be able to avail of the Rent-a-Room scheme.

The above is all true but I can't afford a 2 bed.

Guess I will have to wait till I have saved €25K or so for a deposit. Will be waiting a while

Advertisement