Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30" Dell LCD is on sale...

Options
  • 12-01-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

here

Now its €2452 over here BUT its €1760 to buy in the states...

Flights to the US are about €350 return on aerlingus at the mo.. On a budget it's possible to fly to america n buy one of these and it'd still work out cheaper that €2452.... Now there's Rip off Ireland for ye!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Haha!

I'm actually contemplating this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

this is rediculous.

it's only $1999 canadian. 1,427 Euro
    actually if you speak to a customer rep, they'll sell it to you for 1799.

I don't understand why everything has to be so retardedly expensive over here!

WizZard wrote:
    I'm actually contemplating this...

Don't type it small, be proud of ur insanity!!! It'd be to big me thinks, unless u got the space to sit a good bit away from it.. I still want the 24" one..

doodio wrote:
    actually if you speak to a customer rep, they'll sell it to you for 1799.

How should i speak to them??

• Advertisement

It's a strange system they've got going there at dell for how low they can sell dell branded products. It varies every week, but it's on the order of 70% of the listed price. If you scour redflagdeals.com forums, you'll find a post (if it wasn't removed) from a ex-sales rep explaining the entire system and how to fu*k dell in the ass.

A lot of time showing fake interest in a much larger/more expensive purchase will get you a lower price on something smaller if you're "thinking" about buying the bigger one later on.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183994&highlight=30%25+dell

there ya go, really well explained. a little social engineering can go a long way =)

Now that u mention it, a friend of a friend used to work in dell... He gave me a price of around €700 for the 24".. He's gone now, time to turn on the charm n see if i can get me a deal ;-)

Right, rang dell for prices on the 24"

Its about €1318 online.. Got through to a "Kumar", told me it was €1303..i said id gotton a price from the uk.. before i even finished the sentance he said €909!!!!!! big difference... Seemingly they're limited stock, replacement must be coming..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yeah there is. The 2007 replacing the 2005 and the 2407 replacing the 2405. Both have DVI sockets with HCDP, maybe some other subtle differences too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

No way i'd buy a big screen without HDCP, it'd be utter madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

unklerosco wrote:
    Right, rang dell for prices on the 24"

Its about €1318 online.. Got through to a "Kumar", told me it was €1303..i said id gotton a price from the uk.. before i even finished the sentance he said €909!!!!!! big difference... Seemingly they're limited stock, replacement must be coming..

Got one yesterday delivered for €1004.. ****ing sweet..

Mind you, I am trying to use my Xbox 360 on it over component video and cant get a picture :/

Dell "Days of Deals" sale back home had the 24'' for $899cdn, 2005 for $499! =) but didn't want to replace my 2005fpw without hdcp. That being said, I hope the newer panels have a better response time. Ghosting in CSS was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I've seen this 30" in person, it is absolutely massive. it's a gorgeous screen, but not suited for someone with a small desk! You have to turn on large fonts aswell to be able to read the screen at the huge res :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 24 inch is bordering on being too big for gaming so the 30 inch one would be way too big!!!

Advertisement