Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message Tracking

Options
  • 12-01-2006 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    For some reason my private messages can't be tracked anymore. Has this feature been disabled? I checked my user options and the box for tracking PM's is ticked. I tried deleting a few reports and the new ones I send still don't get tracked. Any ideas?

Also, my sig (link if it's removed again) was removed for some reason, it fits in with all the rules at www.boards.ie/sigrules which I looked at before changing it, I've put it back uncentred this time, perhaps it being in the centre was the problem? I'm not too sure who to contact about this as it abides by all the rules. I wasn't warned that it was in violation, it says people in violation will be PM'd being asked to change it, so I don't know what's breaking the rules.

:confused:

Any feedback appreciated:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

cormie wrote:
    I checked my user options and the box for tracking PM's is ticked.
    What checkbox is this?

Tracking is opt-in now, you have to specifically check the box under the editor before you send a message to have it tracked, as opposed to the old way of the javascript prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

cormie wrote:

Also, my sig (link if it's removed again) was removed for some reason, it fits in with all the rules at www.boards.ie/sigrules which I looked at before changing it, I've put it back uncentred this time, perhaps it being in the centre was the problem? I'm not too sure who to contact about this as it abides by all the rules. I wasn't warned that it was in violation, it says people in violation will be PM'd being asked to change it, so I don't know what's breaking the rules.

:confused:

Any feedback appreciated:)

I don't believe commercial advertising is permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Dont use message tracking, as i believe it cause's more querys on the MySQL server

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

WizZard wrote:
    What checkbox is this?

Tracking is opt-in now, you have to specifically check the box under the editor before you send a message to have it tracked, as opposed to the old way of the javascript prompt.

Ooops, I missed that:o I also just checked the user options and that checkbox I was talking about doesn't exist! I think I got it confused with the "enable private messages" checkbox:rolleyes:
    rsynnott wrote:

There's commercial advertising in signatures all over boards though, especially in the poker forum. I've posted a thread in the Help Desk so hopefully I'll get some feedback from Admins on the situation:)

Thanks for the feedback everyone:)

Advertisement