Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removed Signature

Options
  • 12-01-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I asked Raphael through PM about this and he said to post here.

I changed my signature last night to this and it was removed this evening some time and only www.boards.ie/sigrules remained in my sig. I followed these rules when changing the signature, as you can see, the dimensions are 298 wide and 122 tall, it's only 13kb too. These are all within the rules in the first post. Have I missed something in one of the later posts perhaps? It says in the SIGPO thread that if a sig is in violation, the user will be PM'd and warned and given a chance to change it. I was never PM'd,

My sig was centred so I have put it back in positioned on the left, perhaps this will make a difference?

If somebody could please let me know what exactly it was removed for so if there is a problem with it, I can ammend it.

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I imagine it's because you are advertising, this is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Where does it say it's not allowed though? It wasn't in the first post of the rule thread:confused: There are advertisements in many users signatures on boards, especially the poker forum. Think of all the sigs for Firefox etc too. Is there a certain criteria signatures with a company name and link have to meet? I'd like to meet that criteria if there is. I know having a signature is a privelage and I don't want to abuse it. My last signature was a smaller poker.ie logo and there were never any problems with it breaking the rules. The new one is a bit bigger but still fits in the 300x125 limit.

If someone could expand on this a bit I'd appreciate it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The thinking in sigs cormie, is that a small image or a link is fine. Any other text such as "45% rake rebate on sign in" is pimping, and is no different to having a big ad on the site.

Links = OK
    Ads = No.
    If you wish to advertise your site, buy adspace. If you wish to have a link to your site, no problem.

:)

We actually inquired about advertising on the poker forum but it's all booked up:o

So it's ok if I just remove the bottom part with the text and just leave the logo?

Thanks for the feedback:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be happy with that (please don't increase the size though up to the maximum :))

• Advertisement

Haha, don't worry:) I've got to jet out now so I'll remove it until I have the time to edit it.

Thanks!

Advertisement