Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker in dit

Options
  • 12-01-2006 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

when is the next tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i dont think there will be a big tourney in aungier street till febuary because of exams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Are DIT competitions only open to DIT students?

Not really,
    as long as you are of college age no one bats an eyelid

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Jeff does hang around the Poker section of Boards under DITpoker and recruited a few people (myself included) through a thread there for a small STT last Thurs Evening to for a short distraction from studying.

But as shoutman said, next MTT will most likely be in February. This one should be promoted through the use of posters in Aungier St. and e-mails to the mailing list I assume.

All of the above was based on Aungier St. poker Soc - I don't think Bolton St Poker soc are active on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

So even tho I'm in dcu I could wander by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Yeah, there's no strict presentation of a DIT student card prior to commencement of play, or anything like that....

But it's against the rules for an outsider to win! :D

There was another STT today with 10 runners.... 1st €40 2nd €10 I came 3rd :(

But then won 3.50 in a winner takes all 70c buy-in side game :D

Keep an eye on the Poker forum and if I remember to, I might post details of forthcoming games in here. There may be a MTT next Thurs, confirmation later in the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Hey all!

next Multi Table Tournament is next Thursday, January 26th, registration from 3pm, tournament starts at 4pm. 5 euro entry, NO REG FEE, multi rebuy for the first couple of levels, 2000 starting chips, 2500 for rebuy, 3000 for top-up.... should be finished by 8.30 at the latest as some of us may OR MAY NOT be going to the sporting emporium to play a card game... probably poker...

hopefully we'll see you there...

jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

will there be a good turn out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

ditpoker wrote:
    Hey all!

next Multi Table Tournament is next Thursday, January 26th, registration from 3pm, tournament starts at 4pm. 5 euro entry, NO REG FEE, multi rebuy for the first couple of levels, 2000 starting chips, 2500 for rebuy, 3000 for top-up.... should be finished by 8.30 at the latest as some of us may OR MAY NOT be going to the sporting emporium to play a card game... probably poker...

hopefully we'll see you there...

jeff.
    where is this poker emporium

off grafton street, saint anns lane or something like that.

You have to be over twenty one to join.

• Advertisement
Advertisement