Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation

Options
  • 12-01-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

So is anyone out there having trouble motivating themselves for this whole LC thing. I for one am, i just dont know why though, maybe because college isnt the only option for me and money wont make me work probably cause i dont need it :D . How are ye all getting ob in the motivation aspect of things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

not well at all!!

the plan was studin lods ova x-mass.....neva happened
    so i swore i'd start monday..neva happened either!
    seem 2 b gettin a lot of hwrk too so thats making it harder but just the thoughts of...i tend to put things on the long finger and hope for the best! i know that i have to get my ass into action...and SOON:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Don't start studying until the end of April. Just do you're homework and pay attention in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yeh its hard but jus stick with it! Go to after skool study or d library. That helps loads for me anyway cuz wen i cum home early from skool dis happens and im infront of d telly or infront of my computer on this site!!! Make timetables etc... thats what im doin isnt goin great but it is working! Too much homewrk tho already!! Chin up and smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I have terrible trouble getting myself motivated. I amaze myself sometimes, the lengths I will go to to avoid doing work is actually incredible.

That being said I've been working like an absolute Trojan the past few days since I got back. That may be due to effectively having an empty and therefore quiet house the past few days....

Then again I've realised its what, six months till it's all over? And spending maybe an hour, an hour and a half apart from homework at night. I can make up that time from my cs games alone and idling about. Hardly the biggest sacrifice ever made by anyone.

Then again I'm looking at classics after school twice a week and the maths teacher giving us an extra maths class so that might get a bit harder after a while....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i've been so motivated since monday! i've set myself goals each night and i achieve them!!! It's the weirdest thing...the self satisfaction i get after doing a little bit of study is greeeaaatt!

here...have some magical motivation dust!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

*sigh* i wish i could... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Ive been doing bits of study since the start the start of school, then 4 hours at after school study, but this basically takes up homework and if I have spare time I daydream...
    But on a Sunday I go back to study, and do 4 hours just complete stuyding.. But Ive only done this twice ha ha.
    Hopefully I will get myself together soon, mocks are starting the 20th..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

right im gonna take some of that magic study dust and hope for the best!!

think i'll start from monday...there i go putting it off again!

i know what yiz mean bout doin anything but study.just find myself wanderin onto the computer when i shouldnt be and day draming...loads!!

but MONDAY...im gonna be soo good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Tis difficult alright. Best thing to have is a goal, ie. your number one cao course. If you really want it and the points are challenging enough, use that as your motivation.

Past that, hard luck! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I've had resits for my AS exams and my idea of motivation is studying the day before. I think this attitude is what led me to have to resit in the first place... Luckily in the English system you can resit your first year's exams the next January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

exiot wrote:
    Ive been doing bits of study since the start the start of school, then 4 hours at after school study, but this basically takes up homework and if I have spare time I daydream...
    But on a Sunday I go back to study, and do 4 hours just complete stuyding.. But Ive only done this twice ha ha.
    Hopefully I will get myself together soon, mocks are starting the 20th..

Your after school study is four hours long??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Our afterschool study is four hours too - two 2 hour sessions, half hour in between (not enough of a break).
    I do four two hour study sessions a week, IE 8 hours a week - mostly homework, not much study done. Hard to be motivated when all you need is 400 points, I just work towards getting my C3 in maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

omg.....four hours....I had to drop out of mine because i couldnt take it...and that was only two hours....

Advertisement