Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trusted Sellers Sticky

Options
  • 12-01-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I really think they should put up a thread in the FS forum that shows everyone that can be trusted as a seller. It would give people more confidence to purchasing items and would let sellers prove there name is trustworthy. This would be really easy to set up and would be well worth it. What do you think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think people don't look at stickies as it is, let alone trawl through one to see if someones name is on it. Besides, on what criteria would such a thing be judged? FS hardly has a decent feedback system as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Whatcha mean trawl through the list? Ever hear of F3? Takes 2 seconds. And what feedback system has boards got? Ive never noticed it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Point has been made before but the logistics of actually compiling all the info of sales would be huge - actually would love to see the stats of boards trading. Imagine its huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

who says who is trusted ? The ebay feedback system doesnt work , can boards do better ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

J2DaC wrote:
    Whatcha mean trawl through the list? Ever hear of F3? Takes 2 seconds.
    I have, many haven't. Don't assume that everyone knows everything you do.

Also, a forum thread like that would most likely run to many pages, so you would have to use the forum search function. This is something that non-regulars seem to do less that read stickies.
    J2DaC wrote:
    And what feedback system has boards got? Ive never noticed it.
    Case and point. There is no way to judge anyone, so the list would be nothing but hearsay at best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good idea in theory, just wouldn't work, not just that, but it'd be ignored largely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I just list everything I've bought/sold in my sig - people can make up their own minds after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

BigCon wrote:
    I just list everything I've bought/sold in my sig - people can make up their own minds after that...
    It only works for so long. It could get very unwieldy!

There is a vBulletin trader ratings system addon, but it's a sitewide plugin and couldn't be confined to just the FS boards.

Anyway, what's stopping you doing a search for that users posts/threads in the FS forums. Awkward, but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 extra_mints

WizZard wrote:
    There is a vBulletin trader ratings system addon, but it's a sitewide plugin and couldn't be confined to just the FS boards.

The iTrader system can be set to just the FS Boards.
    Description:
    iTrader for vB 3.5.x has evolved from Trader Ratings for vB 3.0.x which evolved from Buy/Sell/Trade User Rating System for vB 2.x. This is a rating system for when members buy / sell / trade items from each other (presumably on a FS section of your forum). It is somewhat based on the honor system since there is no automatic way to truly tell if they did engage in a transaction. iTrader came about because it was a pain to try and maintain a single thread listing good / bad traders and so far has worked out quite well.

Features:
    Rate another member: Positive / Negative / Neutral
    Specify in each transaction: Buyer, Seller, or Trade
    Leave multiple comments about the deal
    Dates & IPs are all recorded to prevent abuse
    Specify a thread URL to the deal
    Advanced URL checking
    Display ratings over time
    Filter based on Buyer/Seller/Trade/or feedback they left for others
    Users can edit/delete ratings left for others (time based limitation)
    iTrader Admins can edit/delete anyone's ratings (just incase)
    PM notification when new rating or comment is left
    Per-usergroup permissions
    Lots of admin controllable options

iTrader 201a.zip

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll bring that to Clouds attention. The admins are all a bit tied up right now, Regi is doing college and work, ecks as exams coming up and is studying, Cloud is sick, I'm moving house and god only know where Vex is. But I do agree and we are keen aware that we have a problem with FS in terms of its growth and sustainability. Its an area we want to explore further this year, in fact I think its more or less THE area we want to explore further this year. Its all a question of time...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

HavoK wrote:
    Good idea in theory, just wouldn't work, not just that, but it'd be ignored largely.
    Well how about a distrusted sellers sticky... if someone is stung they report it to the mods and they add it to the sticky...

If someone ignores it then they have no comeback if they're stung by a dodgy dealer

It'd work as a kind of temporary solution until a better system is put in place

Advertisement