Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Upgrades

Options
  • 12-01-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

My PC:

Computer Manufacturer
    ASUS
    Computer Model
    P4S800
    CPU Manufacturer
    GenuineIntel
    CPU Family
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    CPU Speed
    3000 MHz
    Front-Side Bus Speed
    200 MHz
    Currently Installed Memory
    1024 MB
    Maximum Memory Capacity
    3072MB
    Total Number Of Memory Slots
    Available Memory Slots
    AGP Graphics Card
    NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 4000 128MB

Was thinking of getting a new graphics card, maybe a new CPU. What ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is the second example in two days of a good computer choked by a crap graphics card :D

You don't overly need a new cpu, but you definately need a new gfx card - and I'd go for a high end one, like an x800xl, or a 6800 of some type - 3ghz with 1gb ram is good enough to support any new games given a decent card.

Do you do much gaming? That geforce 4 must really limit you, where did you get the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Indeed, good PC, sh!t Graphics Card... ;)

I agree with MobileInfantry when he suggests to go for a proper card such as a 6800. PC doesn't need to be upgraded really...

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Whatever you do, change that graphics card, itll hold everything back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

custom built. do play games but like you said limited! lol.

Advertisement