Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got BT in - help please!

• 12-01-2006 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just got BT Broadband in (first time DSL user) and the 'web configurator' in IE isn't taking my username and password!

Router is a ZyXEL Prestige 600. It's hooked up to my ethernet port and my line and the DSL light on the modem is lit constantly which means it's ok in that regard.

When I went into IE I got a 'DSL connection successful' message and it asked me to enter my username and password. I rang up BT and after waiting half and hour was told that they hadn't set up a username or password on my account (point of interest: why the fcuk send me out a modem and confirm my order as complete if I don't have a username or password set up???)

Anyway I waited another 10 minutes to get talking to tech support who gave me a username and password. This was at 1pm, and I was told to wait two hours for my a/c to be activated. At 6pm, still no joy with IE returning an invalid username / password error message.

I rang BT tech at 7pm, who said that my password WAS activated and that he was going to transfer me to sales b/c they knew more about the user accounts than he did (why??:mad: ) although lucky me, they close at 7.30 so I didn't get to talk to anyone at all...

Has anyone experienced this with BT and if so how did they resolve the problem. Also, I hope the crappy service I've received is isolated because if it isn't I don't know if this whole BB thing is worth it! God be with the days of simple dial-up :rolleyes: </rant>

TIA lads.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The default one didn't work?

"admin" as username and "1234" as the password to get into the routers Web Configurator.
    Maybe they thought you meant the Wizard Setup username (which has @iolbb on the end of it) and password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

As BopNiblets said, make sure you put "@iolbb&quot; or "@btbb&quot; at the end of your username. It should look something like "joebloggs@btbb".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I probably should have been more clear... the modem password is fine, the password / username combo that BT gave me isn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

sometimes eircoms' generic one works (yes, with Esat):

Username: eircom
    PW: broadband1

as the guys said, be sure to ad @iolbb at the end of your iol account

Gonna try that now souper, cheers

• Advertisement

Souper, you are officially a genius! I can't believe that worked!!!!!

And to think I spent two hours of my life talking to BT tech support!!!

User: eircom@btbb
    PW: broadband1

Thank you so much! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*bows*

NP, just dont stay up all night dowloadin "stchuff".

*bows*

NP, just dont stay up all night dowloadin "stchuff".

Sure thats what I got it for :D

Only messin, thanks again man!

Advertisement