Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resonant Demo Tracks (mp3)

• 12-01-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hello all fellow Metallers!!

im Just on to let you know that our band "Resonant" have just finished our First Demo.. and we would Really like some feedback from you guys? we have the MP3 Tracks on our site http://www.resonant-metal.com but i will post direct links here just for the lazy people (Like me :D ) that dont like searching band sites looking for the music...

demo-avatar.gif

Here are the tracks.... (Right click (Save target as..)
    01 Thirst
    02 Born From Pain
    03 In Your Absence
    04 Pulverised

Hope you enjoy the tracks and we look forward to your feedback.. Cheers

Adios!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

wow its actually really good...have to admit when i heard the start of thirst i was like....ugh one of THOSE kind of "metal" bands but then all of a sudden it kicked off with great vocals... went a bit too growly from there on but still good...

solos are excellent...production is terrible...riffs could do with a little less complication..most are just noise...and also it gets slightly boring to listen to by the end coz theres not too huge difference between all the songs...

but other than that class demo wanna do a gig swap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow. Just listening to The Thirst right now, and ****, that's some good stuff. The opening riff was really putting me off, but once it got past that, ****! Pure At The Gates style metal, which I've not heard in a while. I'll be nabbing the rest of the songs quickly, this is encouraging.

While the production isn't great, I have to say the drums sound excellent! Many of the pro Metal productions these days come out with the drums (Especially the bass drums!) sounding tinny and weak as hell. Did you hear the new Decapitated? The bass druming on that just sounded just "Clickedy clack" tbh. It's great to hear some drums with some ****ing MEAT, you dig? Fair play.

Very At The Gates indeed. ;)

But I'd nearly say you might want to trim that opening riff from The Thirst. I think it would a better song if it just blasted straight into it at the 1:40 mark instead. That's my advice anyway. That, and don't lose that pure meaty drum sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

excelent.. cheers lads im really glad you like it.. we were thinking of trimming the start of thirst.. it goes on way to long in my opinion.. esecially at gigs LOL.. people looking at you for 2 minutes playing that intro hehehe... we recorded that in April of 2005 but only got the money to finish production last month.. and now here saving a few bob to make cd's to send out... the annoying thing is that we recorded it so long ago that we have so much new stuff we would love to get in and record too.. but we need to finish this and get it pressed before we can go in and get the new stuff down.. maybe an EP?? hopefully hehe

i love that meaty sound too.. i was chuffed the drums came out that well, since that recording i have got DDrum triggers and Brain unit to get that pro sound at gigs.. cos the old mic thrown into the bassdrum wasent cutting it for me.. Thanks for the kind words :D

cheers lads!! Spread the word :):)

about that gig swap... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok Listened to the whole thing now and i must say i dont agree with sven on this one(thats steoob to you).I must say when i first listened to thirst i was like **** yea black metal in waterford but it does have a few things wrong with it, one the intro is too long and the riffs get boaring because they repeat a lot, still though they are good riffs.IMO it feels like they were just repeated to lengthen the song.Solo is rather nice though.

I was not a fan of the second song at all, very i just didnt like it, felt like it droaned on.

The third song i was happy with it shows more structure in your music and the solo is tasty again.Twas probrably my favorite song off the demo though.

The last song although not that great at the beggining really picked up and grew on me, that slow riff in it is nice and evil and makes me want to go nuts in a moshpit, the riff after it might do with a bit of speeding up though.

Overall i must say that although an enjoyable listen its not somthing id put on my mp3 player or anything.Its something to build on though, get critisizm from everyone and use it.I can see a classic black metal album a few years down the line if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Hey lads, Brian here, guitarist. Cheers for the feedback. Constructive critsism is always welcome. See where people are coming from as regards the intro to thirst but it was supposed to be only that. An intro, a spererate track with a seamless change to track 2 at about the 1:40 mark. Unfortuantly that idea got lost along the way but nothing to cry over.

As regards Thirst being a straight forward, verse - chorus - verse - chorus type affair I think its nice to have a couple of tunes that arent overly complicated when it dosnt nessaceraily need it. We've got from simple structure to crazy so hopefully theres something to cater for everyone.

Like Macker said, its been so long since we recorded those tracks we've after writing a load of newer, stronger tracks that we're bulling about not having laid down but its only incentive to go back into the studio! But we're still a young band in the long run, barely 2 years when that was recorded and we've after dropping more tracks than we've kept so we're defo still on a learning curve, although I think its safe to say you'll never stop learning in this line of work!

Anyhoo, cheers again for the comments, later all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Good songs Macker, thirst could definitely do with a bit of a short back and sides, other than that there are some great idea's in there. Music is sounding well. Nice drum parts too ;) What kit did you record it on?

Steoob wrote:
    about that gig swap... :D

what sort of stuff you guyz play? what sort of place do you's play in? and what sort of a crowd to you attract to gigs down there...
    we are always interested in gig swaps man!! the more the merrier

bobmeaney wrote:
    Good songs Macker, thirst could definitely do with a bit of a short back and sides, other than that there are some great idea's in there. Music is sounding well. Nice drum parts too ;) What kit did you record it on?
    cheers matey.. yea thirst dgo's on a bit, but like Brian said its only supposed to be an intro track, but we will do something with it...
    i used my Pearl export with Zildjian ZXT's export is about 20 years old, but its loved so it keeps it sound :D:D

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hey you should send your demo into the radio station on this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=312212&highlight=metal%2Cradio

we do real heavy songs...covers aswell as originals... when it comes to covers we do stuff along the lines of slayer and slipknot....the crowd we attract is the psychopathic type...were renouned for our crazy gigs so people just go insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

^^^^ it would be so cool if you came down to waterford!!!! it would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Guitar playing sounds like a 14-yr old in a garage. Horrible muffly distortion, and a totally unimaginative Em based riff (sounds like an F, but it must be tuned up half a step).

Wow - another metal song played in 'Em' - how inventive. Way to raise the bar, guys!

Guitar playing sounds like a 14-yr old in a garage. Horrible muffly distortion, and a totally unimaginative Em based riff (sounds like an F, but it must be tuned up half a step).

Wow - another metal song played in 'Em' - how inventive. Way to raise the bar, guys!

haha.. shut up you tool!!

Steoob wrote:
    we do real heavy songs...covers aswell as originals... when it comes to covers we do stuff along the lines of slayer and slipknot....the crowd we attract is the psychopathic type...were renouned for our crazy gigs so people just go insane

cool stuff!! sounds good.. we'll have to arrange a gig with yis so!! i'll ahve a natter with the lads and see what date would suit.. then we'll see what suits you guys too.. sound good?

haha.. shut up you tool!!
    haha.. don't post it if you can't take criticism, numbnuts.

Bottom line - the opening riff to the first song sucks ass, and sounds like a kid in Musicmaker doodling on a Saturday afternoon.

haha.. don't post it if you can't take criticism, numbnuts.

Bottom line - the opening riff to the first song sucks ass, and sounds like a kid in Musicmaker doodling on a Saturday afternoon.

dont-feed-troll.gif

dont-feed-troll.gif
    Yes - your sign means that you can conveniently avoid the criticisms - well done.

Anyone who doesn't like your band is clearly a troll....good logic.

Yes - your sign means that you can conveniently avoid the criticisms - well done.

Anyone who doesn't like your band is clearly a troll....good logic.

no.. no..

just that there is ways of voicing your opinion.. and there are ways of (funnyilly enough) Bashing something just cos its not your cup of tea...

just cos its not your cup of tea...

Yeah, sorry. I tend to go for stuff that's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I'd like to also point out that Lump Basher was baned from another forum for acting like a prat - different forum, same user, no difference :)

• Advertisement

Yea I was gonna reply but I checked his other posts from his profile and its all the same. **** stirring, teenage hormones in overdrive thinking its cool to act like a nob. Hardly worthy the time to write a response.

!_Brian_! wrote:
    Hardly worthy the time to write a response.

Yet you did....

Nope, I was talking to Ph3nom

!_Brian_! wrote:
    Nope, I was talking to Ph3nom
    You still wrote a response though, provoked by me - same difference. What a quirkey sig - how "neat"! You rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's a way of making a point well and there's a way of descending into stupid insults and trolling. Let's put an end to the crap, please, gentlemen.

If you've constructive criticism to make, feel free. If you're only here to have a go, I suggest you shut up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You still wrote a response though, provoked by me - same difference. What a quirkey sig - how "neat"! You rule.
    numbnuts.

Lump Basher
    If I get any more reported posts on you, you're banned.
    Please read the charter with regards to personal abuse
    B

Advertisement