Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinity

Options
  • 12-01-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

my jah, this is going to be AWESOME.

http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/index.php
    Infinity is a massively multiplayer online game set in a futuristic persistent universe. Players can discover a huge galaxy with billions of planets and can explore, combat, trade, socialize.. the possibilities are endless!

still in early development, but theres some sweet videos of the engine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Heh. I've been following this for a while, I frequent the same site as the developer (he also works on the Minas Tirith Project). Been really interesting to see how it developed from the basics of the engine to how it is now. Here is the development blog (warning, technical in nature).

The video of it flying real time from one planet to the other always makes me soil myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

the more i look at this the better it seems, i have to get into the beta of this!

that minas tirath looks great too..

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

That's a great video alright, stunning for something done by just one guy. Looks great visually so far, but I'd be very suprised if this ever gets completed. From reading through the forum he seems very adamant that he wants to complete this himself, with only help for some of the models. That's a big undertaking; possible if it was just a single player game, but he wants it to be MMORPG and single player?! He's got his work cut out!

Looks amazing though, I'm gonna keep my eye on it.

Advertisement