Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Text delivery reports

• 12-01-2006 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to turn on delivery reports on my Motorola E770V ???? I cant seem to find a way to turn it on .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I thought most Motorolas don't support delivery reports ?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When you go "create message" select "options" at the bottom left of screen, scroll to "message options" and change "delivery report: no " to Yes and bob's yer uncle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

While on the subject is there a way to opt out of text receipts being sent to the sender?

Personally, I think there should be a charge for the receipt be it on a per receipt or on a subscription basis.

BrianD wrote:
    While on the subject is there a way to opt out of text receipts being sent to the sender?

Personally, I think there should be a charge for the receipt be it on a per receipt or on a subscription basis.
    For MMS the Nokia 6680 and Motorola V3x (probably others too) give an option to refuse sending a report back to the sender. But I don't know if its possible with SMS messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

BrianD wrote:

I have to say I dont see why someone should have to subscribe for delivery reports!! I think it should be upto the sender/receiver to switch them on/off their own handsets. I prefer to get them as I have sent texts before and they never got there, at least I know if I dont get a delivery report back. On the odd occassion I have sent it and they have got it but I never got a report back. On the whole it works ok though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

parsi wrote:
    When you go "create message" select "options" at the bottom left of screen, scroll to "message options" and change "delivery report: no " to Yes and bob's yer uncle...

Hi mate thanks for info but I know how to do it for individual texts. I was just wondering if I can make it do it automatically so that I get reports for all my texts?? I used to get it on other phones. Maybe it depends on what make of phone you have ie: Nokia/Sagem etc...

Unfortunately you can't. Motorolas just can't do it for some weird reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You can I think by using a SEEM edit, theres some good guides on it, but I don't know whether it works on your phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Dellas wrote:
    I have to say I dont see why someone should have to subscribe for delivery reports!! I think it should be upto the sender/receiver to switch them on/off their own handsets. I prefer to get them as I have sent texts before and they never got there, at least I know if I dont get a delivery report back. On the odd occassion I have sent it and they have got it but I never got a report back. On the whole it works ok though.

The sender can select whether he/she wants to receive delivery reports but there is no way (that I am aware) that the recipient can refuse a delivery report for a message they have received. It's a privacy issue.

The delivery reports are messages themselves and add to network traffic so I'm surprised that there is no charge as yet!

Advertisement