Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Timetable!!

• 13-01-2006 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

omg has anyone seen the timetable yet?????
    it has just prooved to me how bad im gonna do!!
    french and biology on the same day!!??? :(:confused:
    personally i think its awful! i have everything crammed into the first 4 days and then when all my mates are done ive gotta wait 9 days til i have music!!!! :mad:
    what does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's normally like that.

they get english, irish, maths out of the way by the friday/monday, then it's just luck of the draw as to when your other 4/5/6 subjects come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

yeah, the only thing that ever changes about the timetable is the dates that the exams are on. they're always the same. english 1/2, maths1, irish1, irish aural, irish 2,home ec, ... i could go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i've irish and homec the same day...

i don't think the timetable is that bad really! I'm glad i have a couple of days off to study for chemistry tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Hmmm.... i've accounting and physics the same day, closely followed by chemistry the next day.

Im in on 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, 19 and 20.

Meh

CrimE wrote:
    Hmmm.... i've accounting and physics the same day, closely followed by chemistry the next day.

Meh
    ouch man, i really feel your pain, accounting is a tough subject, really hard going on the hands then to have physics on the same day.

Good Luck i'm sure you'll do well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

i think they should be more spread out! i dont think there should be two different subjects on the one day simple because everyone goes over all they can the night before and having two courses to look over aint good :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Pez wrote:
    i think they should be more spread out! i dont think there should be two different subjects on the one day simple because everyone goes over all they can the night before and having two courses to look over aint good :rolleyes:
    its been that way for years, when i did my leaving cert i had the same problems, as did every leaving cert student since the new leaving cert started. it mightn't be ideal but its that, or still be sitting the exams in july. (and given that you're upset about finishing 9 days after everyone else, its better than 18 days later, PLUS the extra days for the other exams that would be spread out)

it could be worse, you could be doing greek and applied maths, those exams are on at the same time!

it's either one way or another,

if you spread them out people would complain about them draggin on for too long, if you don't spread them out people would complain that there's too much work load.

it's a lose lose situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

haha.. yeah suppose.. its just annoying coz music isnt even a subject you have to study loads for and i have 9 days. ill get the whole course done then lol but id prefer to finish when everyone else does :(

about the spreading out.. not saying they should make it go on longer like... at least not have french and bio the same day lol! sorry im just moaning because im gona fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Cremo wrote:
    ouch man, i really feel your pain, accounting is a tough subject, really hard going on the hands then to have physics on the same day.

Good Luck i'm sure you'll do well

Haha cheers, very reassuring! Ah it'll be grand im good at bith so hopefully it will turn out ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

i know it's been like this for a while, but does anyone else think that having both english papers on the one day is a bit ridiculous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

curtains wrote:
    i know it's been like this for a while, but does anyone else think that having both english papers on the one day is a bit ridiculous?
    They're changing it aswell for next year or the year after where you'll do paper 1 earlier on in the year. i'm gonna be absolutely knackered after the first day especially with maths paper 1 the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Nothing really to do with the timetable itself but I heard today that next years orals are going to be on during the easter holidays infact the department wanted to do it for this years but they must have changed their minds. I think thats why there was a bit of a delay with them giving out the dates as to when they would be on this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

caesar wrote:
    Nothing really to do with the timetable itself but I heard today that next years orals are going to be on during the easter holidays infact the department wanted to do it for this years but they must have changed their minds. I think thats why there was a bit of a delay with them giving out the dates as to when they would be on this year.
    That would be terrible, imagine doing your oral exam with a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Exams on:
    Wed 7th
    Thurs 8th
    Fri 9th
    Mon 12th
    Wed 13th
    Thurs 14th

I'm happy woah yeah!

That would be terrible, imagine doing your oral exam with a hangover.
    :D :v: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

caesar wrote:
    Theres a new commision doing the aurals this year thats why all the dates were a bit late coming this year, we only got the dates this week!
    I would hate that though, and they are thinking of breaking the LC into two, some of the exams on earlier on the year and others in June, no idea how that will work though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

CrimE wrote:

Meh

Oh Christ....me too...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i have the three core then french

then six days off

then physics chemistry music and applied maths in the last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

CrimE wrote:

aaaaaagghhh thats tough...
    in our school you cant do both accountign and physics, theyre in the same group, so are on at the same time..

Mines ok, apart from the 1st 3 days, theres nothin else too clsoe together or overly stressful days...
    physics.. geog.. history... and music at the end, so it shoudl be ok.

altho im absolutely petrified about the honours irish paper :eek:
    no matter where it would be ont eh timetable, it still scares me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Psychedelik

exiot wrote:
    ... they are thinking of breaking the LC into two, some of the exams on earlier on the year and others in June, no idea how that will work though..

I don't like that idea at all myself. Big bad terminal examination all the way!

As far as I'm concerned the LC is a very fair system, and it works. If it ain't broken, don't fix it! And that's how they do it in Germany too so it must not be that bad an idea.

Sorry if I'm getting OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Bio and French on the same day is cruel :(

At least I've a nice break between Bus and Accounting though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Rob30888 wrote:
    Bio and French on the same day is cruel :(
    yeah totally agree! their horrible subjects to put together!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Yeah, I have the usual start, namely English, Irish and Maths. Then I go into French and Biology on the same day, then History. I don't have Physics until Monday 19th June, the day I'm free! FREE! :D

deisedolly wrote:
    yeah totally agree! their horrible subjects to put together!!

but French... its not like you'll be up studying the night before for it... its something that.. i dunno.. you've built up over the last few years... i aint worried by it at all...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Rockerette wrote:
    but French... its not like you'll be up studying the night before for it... its something that.. i dunno.. you've built up over the last few years... i aint worried by it at all...!
    je conviens avec rockerette!!

je ne suis pas tres bien a francais... mais je suis dans le classe higher level (sssh!)... mais c'est seulement pur le prof, par ce que je l'adore!

mais... JE NE CARE PAS environ mon CRAP ability francais...!!!!

ahahaha Je suck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

french looks impossible! At least German is similar to anglican english! My timetable is actually quite good! :D The first two days are only were I have two papers in one day i.e English 1 and 2 and then Irish 1 and Math 1! After that everything is on a half day! which means i'll only have one paper a day! This is why you all should of picked german not french or spanish. picked history not geography and chemistry not home ecc!

d4gurl wrote:
    french looks impossible! At least German is similar to anglican english! My timetable is actually quite good! :D The first two days are only were I have two papers in one day i.e English 1 and 2 and then Irish 1 and Math 1! After that everything is on a half day! which means i'll only have one paper a day! This is why you all should of picked german not french or spanish. picked history not geography and chemistry not home ecc!
    Ah I see you have had it planned from the start, haven't you :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yeah I sure did!! :P

Advertisement