Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless security issue?

• 13-01-2006 12:39am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I have a netgear wireless router and am using a 3com usb wireless dongle, and I have WEP security on the network.
    The problem is that if my connection drops for whatever reason and I try to reconnect with the 3com software, I have to re-enter the WEP code to get back on, it's a bit of a pain to be honest. Is there anything I'm missing that will allow me to save the details on the computer rather than having to keep it on a piece of paper beside the laptop, which I'm sure to lose.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Which Operating System are you using?

Resoning: If it's XP, it should store the key..
    I'm not familiar with Office Connect(?)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, it's XP.
    It is officeconnect I use. It seems to remember the key alright, when I turn the computer on first it automatically finds the network and logs on, but if it gets disconnected and I decide to prompt the software to reconnect I need the key, either that or I have to wait around until the software finds the connection itself, which can take a bit of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Use Windows' built-in wireless? Use WZC + the option to 'Connect when in range' or Repair should prevent you needing to use the WEP key *shrug* I think it's part of the IEEE spec./implementation ...

Advertisement