Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a small tattoo

Options
  • 13-01-2006 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

I'm considering getting a barcode tattooed on the back of my neck. Its going to be about 1cm height and 3cm length.

Where would the best place in dublin be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm not sure but i think you may need to go a bit bigger for it to remain clear after a few years. As for where its not that challenging of a tattoo so any reputable place would be able to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

any suggestions?

Zulu in temple bar opposite eamonn dorans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Snakebite on Abbey street, or Celestial Ring in Stephens Green,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Not being smart here, but any tattooist who cant do that sort of thing should not be tattooing, although having said that I can only think of one artist not to go to and he works around Stevens Green, I wont name him but in any case that is where I would avoid. Apart from that if they walk without a white stick or a guide dog and call themselves a tattooist that should do.

• Advertisement

Blub you talking bout a tattooist whos always "at it again"?

Blub you talking bout a tattooist whos always "at it again"?

That might be who I was thinking of alright. The same artist should not be "at it at all" unless they go and get trained somewhere properly. A disgrace that the management allow it tbh, but I've been told by others that dollar signs are all the management sees.

Yeah thats what i heard alright the same, place is a bit of a sham really got pics of artists work on the walls who don't even work there

Yeah thats what i heard alright the same, place is a bit of a sham really got pics of artists work on the walls who don't even work there

It does nothing for their credibility or reputation to have someone that bad working there.
    I have seen worse work but very rarely in a shop, the shame is that there is potential there if he learned properly, but as it is the blends, lines and lettering I have seen are shiiiite.
    I think they get a lot of walk in work, this has to be the reason they let it go.

yeah i don't know anyone who's got a big piece done there and i don't think anyone i know would. But its the walk in stuff that pays the bills in the end of the day.

• Advertisement

yeah i don't know anyone who's got a big piece done there and i don't think anyone i know would. But its the walk in stuff that pays the bills in the end of the day.

At what price though? They get money and some poor chump off the street pays it for an indellible stain that looks like arse?

I've always believed the line "You always get the tattoo you deserve not the one you want" makes alot of sense when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ¡LUM!

¡Hola! Fraid I'm looking for the opposite; a big tattoo on my chest with lots of little lines and swirls and stuff drawn by me... I was passing by that place Art Tattoo above Sé Sí and Cafe Irie and the two guys in there seemed nice and really put me at my ease (¡first time!) but yeh, I really am clueless as to where's good and where's not. I've heard good things about Celestial Ring and Sacred Art (which I thiiink may have disappeared). Annyway... Guide Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

i have to say...i have gone to Dragon Tattoo on Talbot street for all my tatts and i couldnt recommend a better bunch! great inks, great inkers.....great prices....im definately going there for my next few, without a doubt!

Advertisement