Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place your vote about Hector

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Done and dusted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Mines added, Looking like people like him, its at 10 for remove and 12 for Like Hector!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Should have posted it in the Galway forum rather than After Hours,they're all mad over there:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

The people who post saying they like him clearly have never been to the Eye cinema :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

The people who post saying they like him clearly have never been to the Eye cinema :D

LOL i leave my mobile on just in spite of the ginge bollox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've yet to visit the eye, but if you mention the place to my friends the go into rants about hector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nashox

Definitely. But in fairness I hate all those Ad things for no mobiles and no smoking. The Omniplex one annoys the poop out of me! But not as much as Hectors pre-feature mood destroyer.

nashox wrote:
    Definitely. But in fairness I hate all those Ad things for no mobiles and no smoking. The Omniplex one annoys the poop out of me! But not as much as Hectors pre-feature mood destroyer.

I once walked into a movie in the Omniplex just before it started, walked all the way to the front cos no seats, just as i was sittin down my mobile went off!! The croud busted out laughing. Found out after that the stupid ad for turn off your mobile where that eejit is walkin down the cinema and his mobile goes off had just been on and ended when i came in!!!

Ya had to be there i suppose!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

brian_boru wrote:
    LOL i leave my mobile on just in spite of the ginge bollox
    Serious? Cos, you're not spiting him in any way. He got well paid for that gig, he never sees the crowd's reaction to it, and you just annoy fellow theatre goers.

brian_boru wrote:
    I once walked into a movie in the Omniplex just before it started, walked all the way to the front cos no seats, just as i was sittin down my mobile went off!! The croud busted out laughing. Found out after that the stupid ad for turn off your mobile where that eejit is walkin down the cinema and his mobile goes off had just been on and ended when i came in!!!

Ya had to be there i suppose!!!

Now that ad I liked! ya. That would be very amusing! lol
    Its this new one, the vodafone CGI kinda one where the green man is running in front of you and the planes bomb the smoke factorys....annoying as my mum on a bad day!

• Advertisement

wet-paint wrote:
    Serious? Cos, you're not spiting him in any way. He got well paid for that gig, he never sees the crowd's reaction to it, and you just annoy fellow theatre goers.
    Nah, was only jokin. Ur sounding a bit like him now tho ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

OP - Why the vendetta?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

One ginger gaelgór too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

:D:D:D

poll not going your way then??

Well, concidering I won't be going to the Eye until the over-wrought ad is removed, no it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Now you only have....two cinemas to choose from.
    Oh well!

Haven't been to the omniplex in 18 months, and Oranmore's a kip on the wrong side of Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Oh.
    Bring a hurley?
    Or a gun?

SyxPak wrote:
    Haven't been to the omniplex in 18 months, and Oranmore's a kip on the wrong side of Galway

Hey! :eek:

What's wrong with Oranmore? I honestly can't think of one definative reason one could give that makes it a kip....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

:D:D:D

poll not going your way then??

Looks like the poll is going in the right direction now. More people hate hector than like him.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:

Oranmore is the best cinema in Galway by far! It may not have all the movies but at least the place is quiet and clean. Since Oran opened ive been to headford twice, the eye twice and Oranmore close to 30 times!

nashox wrote:
    Oranmore is the best cinema in Galway by far! It may not have all the movies but at least the place is quiet and clean. Since Oran opened ive been to headford twice, the eye twice and Oranmore close to 30 times!

Yeah, same here. It's a bit too quiet at times though. I went to see the second showing of Jarhead on release day there, last friday, and there were only about 10 other people in the screen with me and the gf....I usually go there once a week though, always the same more or less, with mild exception at things like Harry Potter and Star Wars...

But its a nice clean cinema and some of the staff give me student tickets even though I'm clearly not a student :P

I went to the omniplex in Galway for the first time in months about 2 weeks ago. Won't be returning anytime soon - the sheer amount of knacks feckin shouting and pissing the rest of the audience off is unreal.

I really like Eye cinema apart from Hector though. Been there a few times over the last few months, something about the place is immensely likable....

I don't live on the east-side of Galway.
    Oranmore is, like Loughrea and Ballinasloe, yet another obstacle to ~2Hr bus trips to Dublin. Ergo it warrants only my contempt.

Yeah, same here. It's a bit too quiet at times though. I went to see the second showing of Jarhead on release day there, last friday, and there were only about 10 other people in the screen with me and the gf....I usually go there once a week though, always the same more or less, with mild exception at things like Harry Potter and Star Wars...

But its a nice clean cinema and some of the staff give me student tickets even though I'm clearly not a student :P

I went to the omniplex in Galway for the first time in months about 2 weeks ago. Won't be returning anytime soon - the sheer amount of knacks feckin shouting and pissing the rest of the audience off is unreal.

I really like Eye cinema apart from Hector though. Been there a few times over the last few months, something about the place is immensely likable....

I may be slightly one sided though, I live so close to it. As I can see, you too are from G4 (I heard that last week, thought it was funny as hell).
    I rather it quiet to be honest, im a film buff, and if my gf isnt with me i like to watch the film in its entirety with out having some sham interrupt me by kicking the back of my seat or running up and down the steps, and need i mention lasers although a rareity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I don't think we should even have to watch ads before a movie that we PAID to see, so you can fcukin imagine what I think of Hector

Advertisement