Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Administrators

• 13-01-2006 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know how to contanct the server administrators in clearwire themselves? Don't want to explain CS what is IAX2 protocol or why i need port 4569 (IP telelphony programm) open etc.

Thanks for all ideas in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

exyte wrote:
    Does anyone know how to contanct the server administrators in clearwire themselves? Don't want to explain CS what is IAX2 protocol or why i need port 4569 (IP telelphony programm) open etc.

Thanks for all ideas in advance.
    I haven't seen this port or protocol blocked on any Clearwire connections I've dealt with. In fact I've often used IAX to get around the g729 restriction Cleawire have.

Aaron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Could one of ye please get a job in Clear****e and sort them out...they really don't seem to have a clue what they are doing in there.
    It is now three and a half weeks since gaming worked on their network.

Useless bunch of wasters. If only Eircom would get their ass in gear and sort out my phone line or NTL extend their broadband, I would dump this pile of poo immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 exyte

aaronc wrote:
    I haven't seen this port or protocol blocked on any Clearwire connections I've dealt with. In fact I've often used IAX to get around the g729 restriction Cleawire have.
    Aaron

Well, ok - this tandem is working but not the way it should. I guess they're portshaping givin' the traffic on this port a ****ty priority. Anyway, the Voip soft i'm using it gives strange effects - for the first 5sec. of the talk everything is allright, than the person I called can't actually hear me.

Gimme the administrators! :D

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

exyte wrote:
    Well, ok - this tandem is working but not the way it should. I guess they're portshaping givin' the traffic on this port a ****ty priority. Anyway, the Voip soft i'm using it gives strange effects - for the first 5sec. of the talk everything is allright, than the person I called can't actually hear me.

Gimme the administrators! :D

Cheers.

This is exactley what I experience, fair enough in game, not VoIP. The first 5 seconds all is fine, then pings to 2000+. It's as if, it takes that long for Clearwires systems to "analyse the traffic" and re-prioritise the traffic dynamically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 exyte

So, any ideas? Do You think I should call the support and throw a bunch of technical terms at them so they wouldn't understand a sheet and then maybe the would connect me with somebody that knows what is what?
    I doubt it honestly, but...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Possibly of no help to you, but does G.729 still work ok with Clearwire or have they messed that up too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

Blaster99 wrote:
    Possibly of no help to you, but does G.729 still work ok with Clearwire or have they messed that up too?
    Can't say I've seen the 5s degradation behaviour on any Clearwire connection I've come across. We had both RTP (g729 only) and IAX traffic going across a Clearwire connection in our office for a while without noticing anything like that. I still know of quite a few connections using IAX and/or RTP (g729) without any reports of this.

That being said they obviously run fairly sophisticated packet filters in order to be able to delve into SIP packets so I'm sure they can put in per user rules as well.

Aaron

Advertisement