Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bye bye city of villains

• 13-01-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

ive canceled my CoV subs.

is it just me or is this game very two dimensional.

The pvp was boring and it was always down to who had the more players, not the most skill.

While the game is beautiful and it is fun to play around i found it to be nothing more than a screensaver at times.

Oh well, until the next game comes along ill stick with my 2 eve accounts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yeah I was disappointed by this aswell. Mind you I never even got as far as PvP, I was hoping that was it's only chance for redemption...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hmmm... I was planning on going back to COH for a bit, especially to try out CoV, but it seems like EvE is the new in thing these days... guess I'll give it a shot :o

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

I take it you mean both games are two dimensional and boring because cov follows exactly the same formula as coh, I really don't understand how people distinguish them.
    I like them , there are issues, but i do think that of all of the mmo games i've tried its by far the most enjoyable( but then again , i do read a lot of comics:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

i played cov for a month got to around lvl 45
    game sucks really every area looks the same the missions are all the same thing over and over
    and those god dam cave missions piss me off cant see anything or anyone in them, and masterminds minions block everyone.......

was fun at the start but once you get your two travel skills and your final powers its a dull game was fun for a few weeks not worth the cash.
    there is no weapons or armor or any item's at all it doesnt have any goals except to lvl up and the supoer group base is a joke
    and there is no trade skills or auction house type system like in almost every other mmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The majority of missions are the same, however there are quite a few unique ones, especially if you get any of the good story arc ones.

That said I haven't gone back to COV in a while as the game is too hard unless you are grouped and I prefer solo play for the most part.

COH I have done level 50 and level 30 as a Kheldian and seen pretty much everything on the COH side. There are some missions that have to be done.

eg. New Eden Task Force, Striga Task Force, Shadow Shard (The inner levels)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

i played cov for a month got to around lvl 45
    game sucks really every area looks the same the missions are all the same thing over and over
    and those god dam cave missions piss me off cant see anything or anyone in them, and masterminds minions block everyone.......

was fun at the start but once you get your two travel skills and your final powers its a dull game was fun for a few weeks not worth the cash.
    there is no weapons or armor or any item's at all it doesnt have any goals except to lvl up and the supoer group base is a joke
    and there is no trade skills or auction house type system like in almost every other mmo.

That's funny because i7 hasn't been released... meaning the level cap is still 40. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

CoV is good fun. they need more variety on starting missions though. Both CoV and CoH can get repetitive but I try to make alts that are as diverse as possible and avoid doing the same arcs.

Hobbes: try soloing with a mastermind. I have a robots/ff mastermind and he is walking missions and regularly beating mobs +3 and 4 his level.

Advertisement