Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dave Fanning - do your homework!

• 13-01-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

..or retire!

Saw DF interviewing interpol on Tuesday night, and the questions he was coming up with were just terrible. It was pretty evident to me that he hadn't bothered his arse to do any preparation for the interview, and if these were the edited highlights then what was the rest like?

DF - I saw you in the Olympia and you have amazing energy on stage, but to me it seems like the melody is more important to you than the energy?

Interpol - Erm, we don't understand the question

DF - It seems like its more important to you to get the songs right rather than have a lot of energy on stage, even though you have a lot of energy on stage

Interpol - Actually, we normally do both

Seriously Dave, think of some interesting questions. Like "Will you work with a producer on your next album, or will you continue to self produce? and why?"

As for his interview with John Paul Jones! He kept interrupting him the whole time to throw in his personal knowledge of the 70s. FFS I'd rather hear JPJ than DF whittering on.

Time to sack DF and replace him with yours truly. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd like to sack him and replace him with a sack of spuds tbh. Stopped listening to his show years ago when I copped on how utterly disinterested and irrelevant he was in the music he played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

disinterested

That sums it up nicely, actually.

Advertisement