Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB Series | Aus v SA v SL

• 13-01-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Jan 2006
    Fri 13 		Australia v Sri Lanka		Telstra Dome, Melbourne
    Sun 15 		Australia v South Africa	Brisbane Cricket Ground
    Tue 17 		South Africa v Sri Lanka	Brisbane Cricket Ground
    Fri 20 		Australia v South Africa	Telstra Dome, Melbourne
    Sun 22 		Australia v Sri Lanka		Sydney Cricket Ground
    Tue 24 		South Africa v Sri Lanka	Adelaide Oval
    Thu 26 		Australia v Sri Lanka		Adelaide Oval
    Sun 29 		Australia v Sri Lanka		W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
    Tue 31 		South Africa v Sri Lanka	W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth

Feb 2006

Fri 3 		Australia v South Africa	Telstra Dome, Melbourne
    Sun 5 		Australia v South Africa	Sydney Cricket Ground
    Tue 7	(day)	South Africa v Sri Lanka	Bellerive Oval, Hobart
    Fri 10 		VB Series 1st final		Adelaide Oval
    Sun 12 		VB Series 2nd final		Sydney Cricket Ground
    Tue 14 		VB Series 3rd final (if req.)	Brisbane Cricket Ground

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

looks like the aussie have this one wrapped up,just won by 117 runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bit of a thumping alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Anyone see Symonds' dismissal... LOL...

Symonds plays the ball down the pitch from Mubarak, it hits Michael Clarke knee-roll on the full.... baloons up in the air, to mid-on and Dilshan, a catch comfortably taken. Funny as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I can't wait for Sunday to arrive... though I fear the result is going to go to the Aussies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

them damned ausies scraping another victory out :D:D:D

im clinging onto my hope of the south africans beating them in the one dayers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

DMC wrote:
    Anyone see Symonds' dismissal... LOL...

Symonds plays the ball down the pitch from Mubarak, it hits Michael Clarke knee-roll on the full.... baloons up in the air, to mid-on and Dilshan, a catch comfortably taken. Funny as hell.

so funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Fair play to South Africa, Their bowling attack did very well, Pollack was good value for man of the match.

Hussey's catch was class though!

cracking game, chuffed to bits, but not surprised the aussies got beat, south africa have a great ODI record of late

the best bit of skill was Symonds running out Kallis, unbelievable throw, he only had 1 stump to aim at, and under pressure, absolutly brilliant, nearly as good as that one by Vaughan in the ashes, not sure who it was against though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

cracking game, chuffed to bits, but not surprised the aussies got beat, south africa have a great ODI record of late

the best bit of skill was Symonds running out Kallis, unbelievable throw, he only had 1 stump to aim at, and under pressure, absolutly brilliant, nearly as good as that one by Vaughan in the ashes, not sure who it was against though,

I stayed up to watch this and promptly fell asleep before the end:rolleyes: :D

Although we won, I must give credit to an amazing day in the field for the Aussies... Hussey's catch was amazing and Symonds pulled off a top run out.

On a lighter note, here's a picture of Boeta Dippenaar and I at my sister-in-laws wedding last November... he was off injured at the time. Friendly guy and a great batsman... I'm so glad we have him back at the crease after his wrist op :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭bush doctor

Great win in the end - thought they had let the aussies off the hook again at one stage. Only worrying thing for the south africans was their fielding which was comical at times.

Nice pic mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Fair play Mike. I have my day of glory with the CWC trophy somewhere... :D

DMC wrote:
    Fair play Mike. I have my day of glory with the CWC trophy somewhere... :D

Yeah... I've lost count of the amount of times I've lifted the CWC trophy... ahh the memories :p

[Wouldn't mind if that were true!]

SA are really being tonked all over the park this morning. Zondeki and Kruger are spraying the ball all over the place.

SL 2/153 after 25.3 overs

I can't believe I got up at 3am to suffer this torture!!

283 To win, ye need a big innings from smith and Dippenaar. I think it's possible though, Sri Lanka's bowling hasn't been great of late.

Zondeki and Kruger were poor today all right, ye need Nel back asap, how long is he out for?

Smith just out! For 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

So what are people thinking now?

Sri Lanka looked pretty good last night when they beat Australia! Got a great score of 309!

Australia were obvisiously missing McGrath.

I'm sick of lee bowling this well,

Jayasuriya gone for a duck.

i wish them damned aussies weren`t so good, but alas, they are

amazing display at SCG, finished 345/5, an amazing score indeed, fantastic batting by all

in fairness to south africa, they battled, and tried their damndest, but the high total the aussies put up was just too far

i was gutted to see Gibbs go when he did, he really looked like he was gonna grab that game by the scruff of the neck and drag the proteas into it, his batting, at times is arguably the best to watch, shot selection, direction, timing, he has it all ,then, just teeny lapses of concentration costs him when he`s on a roll :mad:

still, a great game, and congrats to the aussies :D

p.s, Ponting is still a twat though

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭bush doctor

Sri Lanka 257-9 beat South Africa 181 by 76 runs

Man what a letdown. Finished the tour with a whimper and not looking good for the next home series v aussies. Fair play to the sri lankans but the proteas should be better than this

Advertisement