Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Drinks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll hopefully get paid tomorrow, so I'm down for this:)

Anyone be there earlier? I may get down there by 7pm, but proberly not ill 9pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

will be late by the time I am there too,possibley very late depending on traffic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Don't think I am going to make it down tomorrow becuase I have to be back in Dublin early on Saturday morning:(

Try not to miss me too much though;P

Moonbeam wrote:
    Don't think I am going to make it down tomorrow becuase I have to be back in Dublin early on Saturday morning:(

Ah go on: come on down.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

ok, think andy and luigi are still going down. Can we have a roll call of who is definatly going. I am so fecking broke it's not funny but i'm going to come down anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Well myself and the 2 paul's are definitely in. So that's at least 3 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Moonbeam wrote:

You are solid useless woman! We've planned it for like 6 weeks and you were mostly the one suggesting it and now you won't go? wtf?!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

With the lack of people comming i'm pulling out to. I was hoping for more of a turn out. We should hold the Reunion Drinks in Dublin. As most of us live their anyway, transport is more plentiful and the beer is much more expensive.

Vulture wrote:
    With the lack of people comming i'm pulling out to. I was hoping for more of a turn out.
    So... people don't come, cos people don't come... :(

Ah well, I'm here. In some net cafe. I wonder where the rest of those who are here, are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

let us know how yis got on.

• Advertisement

Kinda sad that it all fell apart i was really looking forward to it. Ah well next time i'll plan it and have it in dublin my last spur of the moment one got 7 carlow people and a few strangers which was not to bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

well what class was it for, who was it aimed at students from what year? why not have it in carlow?

I think it was a really bad time for the event-with it being the end of rag week we were garunteed to have almost none of the current students there, there was interest from intersocs but we weren't sure if i we should get loads of out of carlow-ers to come along for what was inteneded as a meeting of the old timers. I prefer the idea of a meetup of carlow students to be in carlow, you know visiting all the old haunts and such.

It wouldn't have fallen apart if it wasn't for everyong flaking like...I blame francine for it all any way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

so who went in the end? any gossip? who hooked up with who?

Lemme see... it t'was me, flamegrill, s4dd, curtis, lashes, headcase, and about
    4 or 5 others. I'm useless with names:o so sorry if I didn't mention ye.

As for having it in Dublin, great. Why not have it in Carlow? Cos no-one will turn up.

Still, t'was great craic. Met up with them @ the Dinn Ri, then went to the Barracks, then all but S4dd and Curtis went to the Foundry, then we went our seperate ways afterwards.

Dublin sounds good to me;)

As we are ex Carlow students we have naturally progressed to job and moved out of Carlow so Dublin does seem a better location;)

I miss Buzzs though:(

Assuming we hold it in dublin on a saturday with a format like below who would come?

Rough plan : Date and locations open to change.
    Saturday March 18th
    Starting place the porter house near trinity -> it on riverside or green road or something like that.
    Offical starting time between 6pm - 9pm after 9pm we move to a diffrent bar so as to encourage people to show up before 11. (i hate you 11pm people)
    Mostly drinking in the cith center area, with wandering into temple bar a strong possibility.
    Nightclubs are not on the cards at all some people (mostly me) have objections to paying into a big loud pub to get overcharged for drink.
    Around 2pm or when ever they stop serving, House party probally my house unless someone else wants to voulnteer.
    You may invite non Carlow friends, it's not only allowed it's encouraged.

So anyone think this might be a plan?

I'll vote in Sinnocence and Fin simply on the fact that they will come, their drunks.

Can count me in too
    mmmm hoegarden;)

Can we not go to the proper nice porterhouse though?:)

Vulture wrote:
    Rough plan : Date and locations open to change.
    Saturday March 18th

That's almost as bad a date as your planned meet up just before new years eve. And the proper porter house is a better idea-you darsh.

That's almost as bad a date as your planned meet up just before new years eve. And the proper porter house is a better idea-you darsh.

Due to popular request the porter house in temple bar it is. As for the date whats wrong with it? is it around some holiday or something i'm useless with holidays i only know 2 of them Christmas and halloween.
    Someone give me a better date just make sure it's a saturday.

• Advertisement

It's the day after paddys day, most people might be going away, broke, suffering for the worst hangovers known to man. maybe this saturday night in the porterhouse.

Well since everyone has some input on this lets give people a choice.
    Saturday the 4th or the 11th or the 25th

I'll go any of thoose days,
    The 11th looks like the best to me as it gives people time to plan ahead plus some people might have plans for this weekend all ready.

Confirmed people so far Moonbeam, Sinnocence, Fin, and Francis.
    Thats 4 confirmed alco's, thats a good base all we have to do is build on it.

All suit me,

If any of you non dubs want to come up and need a palce to stay I should have room.

Anyone interisted in meeting up tomorrow night for a few? I'll be at home the other two weekends working on the house. Am up this weekend though

Fin, Sean, Zoe and i are going for a few this saturday. Figure i can drag Alawna along to, if any one else wants to come along, the more the merrier.
    Edit:
    We's going to the long stone around 9pm onwards

****. Only saw this now :(

Next time...

11th sounds good to me, assuming i haven't spent all this months wages before then...

I won't be attending anything for the rest of the month, due to money problems and the fact i have to work on my house in offaly.

Was gonna go to the one on the 11th, but it looks doubtful now, as me mate's playing in Fibbers on that date, I think. I'll know closer to the date, tho.

• Advertisement

Gggggrrrrrrr can never get multiple people to aggree on a place and time so to make this easy on everyone i'll make the date the first of april. It's a saturday and i dont recall any holidays around then, people who are paid monthly should still have money. It's also so far into the future that you cant possibly have any plans bar holidays.
    So 1st of April, Drinking in Dublin somewhere, all the old/new carlow crowd and friends. If you know someone from carlow and they dont read boards, tell them. This way we might get at least 6 people to turn up.

Advertisement