Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing Pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

purdy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i love the ones on the top left, and the wooden ones on the bottom left :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

xray.jpg

Spot the piercings :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

tragus x2, ear lobe, long bar is industrial??
    dont see yur tongue or labret

Tragusx2, lobe, industrial, and there's also a rook and an ear rim that are harder to spot :)

They were the ones I couldn't take out, I took out my other industrial, conch, lobe piercings, tongue, septum, nostril and labret. My orthodontist was less than impressed :(

• Advertisement

feck em :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its why my labret is gone:(damn you dentist,he gathered around about ten students last time to gander at the damage my labret was doing to me

My dentist actually told me last month that my 3+ year old labret piercing hadn't damaged my gums in the slightest :) yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

it was only one part of my gum cause i have gay teeth.oh how i miss it:(i only have my tongue web bar to play with now

I'm going to have to take out my tongue bar to get my wisdom teeth out :( It closes up really fast, so I don't think it'll survive... boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

jetg.jpg
    jhj.jpg
    fdsf.jpg
    that's only a few :)

you messed up the code a tiny bit :)
    just put in [ img ] url [ / img ] but remove the spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

Wilburt wrote: »
    you messed up the code a tiny bit :)
    just put in [ img ] url [ / img ] but remove the spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice belly turtle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xefahx

woah whats with the arm wrist piercing???never saw that b4!!!!!hows it work r what???

dermal anchor

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20051014.html

dermal_14g_stem_Ver1-a.jpg

thats the jewelry, it gets stuck in under yer skin, the holes allow for flesh to grow through the jewelry to "anchor" it...not a successful piercing at all, the guy who invented them hates them, he wasn't even going to market them but a guy who either worked with him or was a regular customer, got one to steal the jewelry and sold it to producers...

Eh? They're considered a huge success, and BME has an interview with the guy who pioneered/invented them... he doesn't hate them at all?

Steve, guy in snakebite does all my stuff, knows the guy, or has continued correspondance with him at least and apparently he detests them, he's taken more out than he put in, cuz when healing the gunks got nowhere to go, so builds up at the bottom, and it's real difficult to clean and an infection sets in very easily.

I've read the interview on bme myself and went in to get one, thinkin they were all good, but apparently not

Yeah, they're hassle, but apparently when done correctly they have a really good chance of healing, far better than a surface piercing. Ben Trigg is the guy's name and from what I've heard he's still doing them and reports a 2% rejection rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Dermal anchors are getting fairly common there's 3 places in Dublin that will do them. I've had minimal problems with my one. I find it hard to believe what your piercer has to say with the amount of people that have successfull dermal anchors. There going to be as common as surface piercings in a year or two. If you really want one Patric in Wildcat and Paddy in Bodyshock both do them. I'd say give it a go and if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world.

xtruthx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Le Rack wrote: »
    he's taken more out than he put in, cuz when healing the gunks got nowhere to go, so builds up at the bottom, and it's real difficult to clean and an infection sets in very easily.

It even says in the interview that he has had complete success with those who got the updated jewelery. This has been on bme for more then a year those guys aren't going to promote something that doesn't work,if it was so ineffective he would have been called on it already by at least one of the thousands of professional piercers that post there. BME's even got a gallery with 100's of healed dermal anchors.

xtruthx

Yeah. If I recall the reason the guy didn't want the jewellery design released straight away is because he wanted to patent it first, not because he didn't think it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

This be my labret, it closed up but I might get it re-done
    I'm not posing :p I was messing around

8.jpg

you look like you are gonna attack the photographer there lol

reminds me of someone but can't think who....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

:DI was probably moody that day hehe!
    I got the side of my lip done after that but I didn't like it at all..
    I prefer the middle

same, got 2 centre labrets now, very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

I no longer have an 8mm labret, its down to a measly 2.4-3mm now, proved to be too much of a pain in the arse an was getting in the way too much so it had to go!!!!

Kinda miss it sometimes but glad to see the end of it mostly!

how long did it take to shrink back down? mine is at 3.2mm now, dont intend going up anymore due to a lot of problems people tell me about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

over night it had shrunk down to like 4mm or so but by the end of the wk i had it stretched back up to 3.2ish

Advertisement