Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 13-01-2006 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hey there,

I have got a student work placement this summer and there will be a lot of networking involved and maintenence.
    So the question is there any books I should look at,or links to get me up to speed before I start.

THanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

In that kind of job you could be some of these jobs:

Crimping a cable, there are two types straight through and crossover.

Crossover is usually used to connect two switches together in places where you will be working. They are also used to connect two PCs together directly.

Straight through cabling is for connecting a PC to a switch this will be the most common.

Here is a link to crimp a crossover, a straight through is just the same at each end.

The Network+ exam book is primarily geared towards all of these kind of topics so it might be worth looking into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Thanks thats a great help

Advertisement