Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeaters for broadband provider

• 13-01-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am not sure if anyone can help but hope someone can offer me some advice.

In the village where I live we will soon have wireless broadband. The provider wants to know if its ok for them to put a repeater on my roof to boost the signal for the rest of the village but what I want to know is if there are any health risks involved. Would anyone have any information on this?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What type of "wireless" broadband i.e. What part of the spectrum are they using (2.4GHz,etc.)?

There's no evidence to date to show that WiFi poses any health risk.
    Although it is seems similar to ptting up a mobile phone mast - WiFi works at much lower power levels, and over significantly shorter ranges than mobile phone networks.

Unsuprisingly however, there have been attempts at filing lawsuits claiming citing "memory loss" and "other neurological defects", in America (Suprise, Suprise! + It may be re: 802.11a which is more common over in the states which operates at 5GHz, which is not as often used over here.).

Check with the provider for more details on the tech. involved, is there any health related issues (Get it in writing), and what discount/incentive they're offering ;)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

How ugly is it? We talking monolith or molehill? I'd want free broadband for life! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

thanks for the replies. Yeah I will get all that information off them. they were due to call yesterday but they cant until friday now. as far as i know the repeater is very small...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

even if it is damaging to your health it wont damage yours as it is right above you. almost like your in your own protective dome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

irishpal25 wrote:
    even if it is damaging to your health it wont damage yours as it is right above you. almost like your in your own protective dome.

Contrary to popular belief... some Boardsies leave home every once'n'a while...

• Advertisement
Advertisement