Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tg4

• 13-01-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

Why does TG4 and Fiorsceal etc, do this little pretence of intro-ing their bought in docu's from say Australia like last nights Space one with some guy speaking Irish standing outside some buildings somewhere and then just show the Australian produced documentary dubbed.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

what do u want them to do???!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what do u want them to do???!?!

with the pointless intro and just play the program!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

turn on TG4 a little late so you avoid this, record it and fast forward, find something worth complaining about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

with the pointless intro and just play the program!
    Wow, its not often someone complains about Irish TV companies doing too much work to entertain us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Wow, its not often someone complains about Irish TV companies doing too much work to entertain us!!!

Thats for sure. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

TG4 weather girls..............yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

TG4 weather girls..............yum.

TG4 girls in general...............yum, yum. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nah, it's good. The guy puts the show in context and you get some nice Galway scenery. I like how eclectic those shows are too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think these documentries come from around the world not just austrail. I thought it was a French/Canadian Production.

i figured they came from the pbs of the USA etc, the space was definitly australian... I looked fro credits at the end for the original makers of the prog there were none but the Irish re-arrangers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Dubbing of programs/films into Irish should be a capital crime. Whats wrong with subtitles? Or are people just too lazy to read?

notatall

it good that they do that, subtitles would ruin league of justice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Sometime the voice talent isin't the best.Did anybody see the irish version of harry potter? It was crap. and then they mutilated the muppet show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The dubbers need to know that this is not Berlin. Dubbing is a crime against cinema and should be outlawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Uh... Harry Potter and the Muppets are for kids, who wouldn't be able to read subtitles.

I thought they did the muppets well, but it shouldn't have been done since we all know the muppets. I liked the way they changed the jokes to suit an Irish Audience.

I think their dubbing of the cartoons are excellent.

However I do not understand why they dubbed The Scooby Doo Movie and the Harry Potter Movie.

Cartoon ok movies bad

As for Fiorsceal. They dub the voice over that is fine. But they should subtitle even the english parts for people with hearing disablities.

Also 5 or 6 Irish Documentries for the series would give it a futher Irish feel.

I think its an international Show.

http://www.iftn.ie/news/index3.htm?fuseaction=getbody&file_ID=4018

In fairness TG4 have done alot for Irish Television in the last 10 years this is a tiny issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Bond-007 wrote:
    Dubbing of programs/films into Irish should be a capital crime. Whats wrong with subtitles? Or are people just too lazy to read?

Like someone else said this is too stupid to go unacknowledged, whats the target audience of sponge bob square pants*

* We know you like it, but whats it's target audience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Irish speakers?
    Stoned students?
    The unemployed?
    Boy racers who've just arrived home from "looking for work" and need something to watch as they're parents heat a pizza?
    Me?
    OH!
    Children! Children can't read. Yeah, children. Children are the target audience. Good point.

TG4 will almost always show their cartoons in English at least once before showing the Irish Lanuage Versions.

Also alot of Stoned Irish People very often become fluent in Irish. Spongebob must be doing something. :)

Advertisement