Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAO Advice - primary teaching colleges;which is the best?

• 13-01-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hey,
    doing cao, dont know which order to put colleges in. could any of you studying in courses let me know your opinions?
    i was wondering what the courses are like in the dublin colleges and how are they location-wise? how do you all find the work experience portion?
    thanks in advance,
    *golden gal*:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Hi golden gal..

Well im in first year in Mary I.
    Im not just saying this because i go there but i and alot of other people believe it is the best primary education college (feel free anyone to agrue my statement if you disagree)...i know a few teachers and principals and they have all said when getting applications they feel mary i has the highest standard and would usually pick from them..

in my own cao i had:
    1.mary i
    2.st pats
    3.froebel
    4.Marino

I live in cork so it clearly obvious that to travel to limerick(only an 1hr 15min) is quicker than dublin..get to go home evry wkend!
    If i lived in dublin i probably would have appied to one of the dublin colleges, convience etc..

Dont know much about the dublin colleges im afraid.
    if you have any further questions regarding what we study in mary i for first year, give us a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Hey

Like my fellow boarder above I'm 2nd year in Mary I and in the middle of Infant teaching practice at the moment!! I have to agree with the boarder above in that teachers I know would say that they would consider Mary I to have higher standards. I know when I was on teaching practice last year, the teacher in my placement school said that the students she had from Saint Pats in previos years had fewer classes to teach than we had and didn't have to put in as much prep work....I'm only quoting her...I have no idea what way they operate in Pats on TP.

With regards to the work load...it definitely isn't a breeze but if you know that this is what you want to do then of course you will just get on with it

Best of luck with whatever you choose...feel free to ask any more questions if you want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Id say Marino.....but im biased.....

Ive heard same thing about principals preferring Marino....

To be honest you are always going to hear stories....visit as many of the colleges as possible and choose the one you like the best.........................

Same degree and job at the end of the day....

Advertisement