Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best Comeback of the year?

• 13-01-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Well which band unexpectedly managed to save their careers after a few bad albums/songs?

Personally I'm going with Oasis and the Importance of Being Idle, or Stereophonics with Dakota. Anyone else make it back into your good books?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Green Day by FAR. That American Idiot was their best work ever. They were as far as I am concerned dead in the water and then they blast back with that. More amazing than Amazotheamazing himself/herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jerryadams wrote:
    Green Day by FAR. That American Idiot was their best work ever. They were as far as I am concerned dead in the water and then they blast back with that. More amazing than Amazotheamazing himself/herself.

gotta agree there...American Idiot was a great improvement, and theyre reapin the rewards for it too. Oasis wasnt bad, but personally Im startin to get sick of them a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oasis never ''came back''..... they were always here! Heathen Chemistry was a fine album.

Yeah American Idiot is great and would deserve comeback of the year if it hadn't been released in 04' but heck they've had a great year and their success is well deserved even if they are a bit too commercial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Oasis never ''came back''..... they were always here! Heathen Chemistry was a fine album.

Yeah American Idiot is great and would deserve comeback of the year if it hadn't been released in 04' but heck they've had a great year and their success is well deserved even if they are a bit too commercial.
    Oasis have really come back, making Definately Maybe repeatedly is brilliant, come on surely you guys can come up with something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Oasis and the Importance of Being Idle, or Stereophonics with Dakota. Anyone else make it back into your good books?
    HAHAHAHA they didn't come back!they are still ****!
    As was American Idiot!Come nobody actually listened to that album after about the second time!.....did you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

oasis defo, standing on the shoulders of giants was pants except for Sunday morning call and be here now... what can i say. but Dont Believe The Truth is excellent and their show in the point was in the top 3 shows i've ever seen there with only David Bowie and Radiohead beating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

munky wrote:
    As was American Idiot!Come nobody actually listened to that album after about the second time!.....did you?!

yes...yes munky, I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Feeder - Pushing the Senses was excellent, cool how they've changed their sound over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well it depends on what you mean by comeback. Album wise for Green Day it was only 4 years since Warning was released and some times it takes bands that long to write a new album. Plus they still toured to promote International Superhits afaik so I wouldnt really call the album itself a comeback.

In terms of their careers though it has to go to Green Day. Fair enough American Idiot was released in 2004 but their domination of the mainstream music world only happened this year and its been a long time since they were this popular...IF they were ever this popular before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

munky wrote:

Nothing wrong with some feel good tunes, or is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

green day never went anywhere, they always had there fans, they giged when they were writing american idiot, also since warning they released international superhits, and shenanigans(sp), the had to record that and the origional recordings of there album were stolen then they wrote american idiot, they didnt have a comeback they had a spurt of popularity, there still as amazing as they were years ago

for as far as a comeback, either alkaline trio or millencollin, again they never really went anywhere but now there starting to get the respect they deserve

Advertisement