Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Thompson does it again

Options
  • 13-01-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

And by "it", I mean he has once again shown us that he is mad as a brush.
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gamepolitics/175835.html

Now he's calling for seizures of copies of 25-to-life from store shelves, in a godwin-tastic modern day version of Nazi book burning.

YOU GO JACK, YOU CRAZY BASTARD!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The mans a nut-bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

He's nuts, but he gets too much attention. Was he not thrown off the prosecution in the case against Sony? He was claiming they were "corrupting America's youth" with their evil merchandise. It's well worth reading this wikipedia piece on him. I've completely lost respect for him
    Edit: Actually, I never had respect for him. What I meant was he has furthered my personal loss of respect for the populace of America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wasn't he recently banned from practicing law in one state? I hope to see others follow suit soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

As Gabe on Penny Arcade quite rightly pointed out, don't hate the player, hate the game. Jack Thompson might be as mad as a brush, but were he to disappear down a big hole tomorrow, there would be some other hysterical mediawhore ready to blitz America with their hyperbole & non-truths.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

His home state Florida. Most sane and non-right wing bible bashers are distancing themselves from his rantings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement