Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermilate

Options
  • 13-01-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with this product? It's a paint additive that's supposed to improve the insulating properties of the surface it's applied to (an internal wall) by 50% (at best), but I'm a wee bit dubious about it. If you know anything about this product, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

i used it.
    Cant really tell if it worked though :)

Its like ashes when you mix it into the paint. Once the paint dries, the walls feel like sandpaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hartytkd

I've been looking into it a bit - I went into Brooks and asked about it but they'd never heard of it! Seems like online is the only place to get it around here.

Their website claims it was invented by NASA (or somebody). Google searches do turn up a few people who says it has worked great for them. They sell it in the US too as "Insuladd".

I'll probably give it a go on at least one room as soon (as I get my attic insulation finished!) Nothing to lose! :)

Gavin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ry8n!

Just wondering "hartytkd" if you've tried Thermilate yet?

I've bought one pouch so far.

Advertisement