Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan 14th/15th Prem Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This is exactly why you can't write off Arsenal for 2nd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Darren Bent in the 92nd minute for Charlton. Fair play to him. 2-0 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:
    This is exactly why you can't write off Arsenal for 2nd place.

It's all in Liverpool's hands now. Especially if the result goes the right way next week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I wonder if Walcott was watching today... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Great stuff from arsenal, looking forward to the annihilation of boro on MotD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

**** me did Arsenal need that or what??

Saw the game live and its was enthralling to watch.

Henry just proved just why he is the best player in the league and why we all love to watch football.Its the way football should be played (take note chelsea!)

Always has a trick up his sleave. 3 goals and 2 assists for the man today.

It could very easily have been 10 or 11 to Arsenal as there was a few sitters missed and a perfectly good goal disallowed.

If they can even take half that confidence on the road they will make 2nd.

Spurs and United lost too so happy days.

The commentaters quoted that the Arsenal players were amazed by the skills and power of Diaby who had a quick 20 min training session with them yesterday. Id expect wenger to slot him in sooner then later.

Also what stuck me that the reason Henry played so well is that Wenger is splashing the cash and getting some very promising and talented players in (Theo Walcott is imminent IMO) to the club. It is also his first game for the club since he stated that he was going to stay at arsenal for a few years yet.

Maybe the performance today was a little thank you to Mr Wenger.....

Need to calm down now

Nakata sent off for Bolton. Anyone watching the game?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No, but go on Blackburn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:
    Nakata sent off for Bolton. Anyone watching the game?

Saw until just before he wlaked, had to do other things so missed the rest.

Not surprised Nakata walked, he could have been gone before that.

Another "battling" performance from Bolton to win a point in a tricky tie, Big Sam gets results but I hate their style of play. Reading the Beeb's account of the game it seems they kept it up for the rest of the game.

Appartently Vaz Te missed a sitter, falling over with an empty net, and Blackburn hit the crossbar twice. Waiting to see it here on The Premiership.

Felt sorry for that young keeper from 'Boro watching the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Game starts soon, Wigan's squad is stretched, but im counting on them to come in for my accumulator Lpool/ManC/Wigan (18-1)

Should be a good game, with Sunderland v Chelsea after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

zabbo wrote:
    Game starts soon, Wigan's squad is stretched, but im counting on them to come in for my accumulator Lpool/ManC/Wigan (18-1)

good luck,not a bad return

zabbo wrote:

Is The Duke Nathan Ellington going to get a start against his old team?

that would be a yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wigan
    M Pollitt, P Chimbonda, A De Zeeuw, S Henchoz, L Baines, J Bullard, G Kavanagh, P Scharner, G Teale, J Roberts, L McCulloch
    Subs: J Filan, M Jackson, A Johansson, D Francis, J Skoko

West Brom
    T Kuszczak, S Watson, C Davies, D Moore, P Robinson, J Greening, R Wallwork, J Inamoto, D Carter, N Ellington, K Campbell
    Subs: R Chaplow, M Albrechtsen, C Kirkland, R Earnshaw, R Davies

Ref: M Atkinson

zabbo wrote:
    Wigan
    M Pollitt, P Chimbonda, A De Zeeuw, S Henchoz, L Baines, J Bullard, G Kavanagh, P Scharner, G Teale, J Roberts, L McCulloch
    Subs: J Filan, M Jackson, A Johansson, D Francis, J Skoko

West Brom
    T Kuszczak, S Watson, C Davies, D Moore, P Robinson, J Greening, R Wallwork, J Inamoto, D Carter, N Ellington, K Campbell
    Subs: R Chaplow, M Albrechtsen, C Kirkland, R Earnshaw, R Davies

Ref: M Atkinson

Here's hoping West Brom win. I like Wigan but ATM they're above Blackburn in the table.

Another sending off. Darren Moore sent off for West Brom.

West Brom 1-0 despite playing with ten men. Martin Albrechsten, who in a twist of fate came on for Nathan Ellington when Moore was sent off, scores.

1-0 to west brom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Goodo, I kinda like Brom even though I should'nt

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunderland 1-1 Chelsea at half time with Sunderland opening the scoring. They are under serious pressure this half not able to get the ball out of thier own half.

edit Chelsea score.

Mike.

What an absolute joke of a red card.
    Talk about power mad refs with egos the size of the moon.
    Hope he gets bumped to the league two reffing for a while, thats just stupid

PHB wrote:
    What an absolute joke of a red card.
    Talk about power mad refs with egos the size of the moon.
    Hope he gets bumped to the league two reffing for a while, thats just stupid

Its the rules. He'll be bumped to nothing.

I think its a stupid rule, but others have suffered as a result (Jermaine Defoe got booked for the same).

Sky just went through the rules, and it doesn't appear to be against the rules.
    Part of reffering is common sense, and there was no need for that second yellow card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yup, was a mind boggling sending off alright! Was hoping Sunderland could have got something from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

does anyone have robben's goal and sending off to upload? :)

PHB wrote:
    Part of reffering is common sense, and there was no need for that second yellow card

My bad then, but like I said, others have suffered as a result.

If its the case that Chelsea ppeal the second card and its overturned, then surely every other player who's been booked for the same "offence" has the right to demand theirs be examined again.

On that note, would there be any controversy if it had been his first card or would we all just shake our heads and laugh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

PHB wrote:
    Well it depends on how you interpet the law,here is the part that concerned Robben:
    A Player must be cautioned when:

He climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal been scored

Now while it wasn't a fence as such it was a perimeter boundary.

Oh and the Special one agrees that the ref was following the law's : http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1773_948926,00.html

Refreshing honesty from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

irish1 wrote:
    Well it depends on how you interpet the law,here is the part that concerned Robben:

Now while it wasn't a fence as such it was a perimeter boundary.

Oh and the Special one agrees that the ref was following the law's : http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1773_948926,00.html

Depends on what you mean by perimiter fence. It was a boundary fence but there was another fence at the actual boundary between stand and pitch.

It's a stupid rule , the game is all about goals and players should be allowed celebrate them within reason. I wonder would Jose be so gracious if the decision had cost him 3 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh I agree it's a stupid law, I was just pointing out why the Ref had to book him.

Advertisement