Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Specs checker

Options
  • 13-01-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I remember a while ago I came accross a site that would check to specs of your PC and tell you if you would be able to play BF2 or not and how well. Does anyone know where I can find that again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

What specs do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Well Its for a laptop I'm thinking of buying. I don't know the gfx card (Its 64mb anyway so I'm pretty sure it won't work). Intel celeron M 1.4GHz processor, 256MB RAM (going to upgrade). I don't mind if it doesn't cos my desktop runs it perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I don't think he knows, thats part of the issue?

Click start, go to run. Type "dxdiag". That will list most of your PCs specs.

EDIT: Stupid "time".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Zillah wrote:
    I don't think he knows, thats part of the issue?

Click start, go to run. Type "dxdiag". That will list most of your PCs specs.

EDIT: Stupid "time".

I did that I just can't remember what it was. I think it was intel integrated graphics 64MB but I'm not sure. That site would be handy as I could just go to it next time I get access to the laptop and It'll tell me straight away what I'm lacking.

Thanks bizmark, its not the same site but it seems to do the same job

• Advertisement

By the sounds of it, your techno penis is too small. Meaning that some integrated intel piece of crap and 256 RAM will have a stroke if it tries to run BF2. To be honest there's probably a lot of upgrading to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I wonder can a celeron processor even take the strain? I would imagine the laptop would explode.

According to the the link bizmark gave me, everything passed except for the gfx card. I didn't expect it to pass and would have been extremely surprised if it did.
    Can you even upgrade the gfx card on a laptop? I'm going to upgrade the ram anyway but it won't be a gaming machine, that'd just be a bonus.

I'm an idiot. I've got the box right here ffs...

It says minimum ram is 512, minimum gfx card is 128. Processor is 1.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A 1.4 celeron M will be faster than a 2.4 desktop Celeron. I still wouldn't dream of running BF2 on it though with that integrated graphics card, the specs on the Bf2 box are utter fiction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement