Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solas bar in drogheda

Options
  • 13-01-2006 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hi
    i am thinking of buying solas in drogheda and i would appreciate any opinions on the place, what do you think of it and what improvements could be made

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Please leave it alone it's fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Stevee

A better DJ. Bring back Paddy Conners that Womble guy is dreadfull. Also whats the story with all the red light. It gives me a head ache. I dont like going there anymore. It's kust a place you stop into on the way to somewhere else. The place is horrible. It was much nicer when it opned. It has no class now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Never been, the laneway down to it just puts me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sinister

was there in the summer a couple times.

The place is brutal, couldnt face goin again. too small, not enough seats, nowhere to stand even. took too long t get served and the place doesnt carry the sound of the bands well either. jacks was a bit dodgy too.

on the other hand it was full. ching ching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

definitely solas has gone downhill, feel as if you would need a flashlight in the place its so dark .always seems to be lifeless these days,the first couple of years it opened it has a good atmosphere to it .couple of pints and head somewhere else is the key to the place now .
    but the surrounding alley and area is a disgrace,grotty and no appeal
    h

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Hillbilly

thanks for all your comments, i have decided against it after having a good look at pub and the turnover.
    i'm now thinking of buying the hanging head in collon and would appreciate any comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

collon is a growing village ,loads of new housing developments and new people moving into the area.Never been in the pub itself but cant imagine having a booming trade during the day. Most new people living in cousin are on the daily commute to dublin etc ,so only the local trade during the day,which going on any time i pass through collon is minimal..ghost town during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Hillbilly

your absolutely right........ very dead all day during the week
    i'd hope to attract a steady trade at night with entertainment and drinks promotions during the week. Then have some good bands on at the weekend to attract the crowd. It would be a long term project and the trade will grow as the village grows.

Advertisement