Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Sampdoria supporters? (just curious...)

• 13-01-2006 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Been a Doriani supporter since 1992, it was the first game o Football Italia I saw, where they beat Cremonese 2-0. Vialli and Mancic, The Terrible Twins!

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea actually, thought i was the only one!

supportin them since i was 7 watch them whenever they're live on bravo, used to love it when montella was bangin them in for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

More of a Milanista myself, lived there for a while in the early 90's. Had the privelege of seeing Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Rijkaard, Van Basten & co. in the flesh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

My younger brother is a Sampdoria supporter. He started supporting them after Italia '90 because he loved their Luigi Ferrera stadium where Ireland played Romania-says it's a real 'football' stadium! I remember him buying their beautiful away jersey from the '91 season. He was inconsolable when they lost the European Cup final in '92.
    Have to admit they were a very alluring club in the early '90's with Vialli, Mancini and co. It's good to see them back in Serie A and doing well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bbbbb wrote:
    More of a Milanista myself, lived there for a while in the early 90's. Had the privelege of seeing Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Rijkaard, Van Basten & co. in the flesh!

There is only one team in Milan. Inter!

Ah only joking but seriously I've loved Itilain football since Italia '90. I think its way better than English.

Funniest moment I've seen in football was when a mate of mine got decked by a Samp fan on our way to the Milan derby. I didnt care my mate is a Milan fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

You can add me to that!
    Started watching Football Italia back in 1990 when my uncle hooked up with a girl from Genoa who was a Samp supporter. They're now married and spend the summers in Genoa. I've been over there quite a few times in the 90s. There was huge rivalry in her family when Genoa were in the league. Pity they've fallen by the wayside now.
    Remember the great Attilio Lombardo? Samp's 90s answer to Collina! Check out http://attiliolombardo.interfree.it/ !! They had some team back then to add to the rest mentioned previous....Paliuca, Mancini, Mihajlovic
    (left foot dead ball master!) Dino Baggio and scoring sensation Enrico Chiesa started life at Samp and went onto greater things. Platt even had a good couple of terms with them!
    Glad to see them in top flight again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Great to see some more Doriani Tifosi!

I also remember the '92 Champions League Final against Barcelona. I had to listen in on the radio (BBC) cuz my dad wanted to watch something else on the telly! Boy was I saddened when I heard about Koeman's freekick going under the Samp wall and past Pagliuca. That match is regarded as one of the Champions League of old most thrilling games, as it took extra time to sort it out - a rare occurence in that league.

Guys, if you think about it, some of the clubs (like Milan and Inter's) best players were all at one stage playing for Samp - Seedorf, Veron, Chiesa, and Mancini (Inter manager).

For such a middle of the road club, they have had some line up of stars in the past - Trevor Francis, Liam Brady, David Platt, Attillio Lombardo, Gianluca Pagliuca, Ruud Gullit, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Gianluca Vialli, Jurgen Klinsmann, Juan Sebastian Veron, Christian Karambeu, Robert Mancini, Clarence Seedorf..... to name a few! :p

Forza Doria!!

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

flanzer wrote:
    Remember the great Attilio Lombardo? Samp's 90s answer to Collina!

Until Vialli did a proper Collina - though it was at the time he was sold to Juventus (*sob*)

Advertisement