Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new LCD tv from Philips 32PF5320/10

Options
  • 13-01-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My home TV is on the blink, and I've been thinking of investing in an LCD from Philips (37PF5320/10). I've heard of problems with LCD TVs, in particular with NTL Digital. Has anyone reviewed or seen this TV or offer advice on it?

http://www.consumer.philips.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Hey guys, I realised I posted the wrong model number in the title. I've updated the post. Can't find anything about this on model on other web forums.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

hi i have this tv, great pciture with sky digital although it struggles with ntl cable. the better the input source to this tv the better the tv performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

pauld wrote:
    hi i have this tv, great pciture with sky digital although it struggles with ntl cable. the better the input source to this tv the better the tv performs.

this is true, even with vd the picture quality is tops, but if your taking about ntl cable as in analogue, this is through the RF port so you will get a loss of picture, but with sky you are using scart and if its set up properly you will get a full decent picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Thanks guys. Decided to hold off for a while, but more then likely will get this TV. It's just worrying that there is very little hard evidence for NTL Digital on LCD. In all the stores I went into, they either had no NTL or their Sat. Feed was down.

Advertisement