Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copied DVD i made will play in XBOX 360 and pc, but not in DVD player??

• 13-01-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I made a dvd yesterday using nero. everything is fine except i can't play it in my dvd player on the tv. it works fine playing through my pc and 360 but not my dvd player. the dvd player is fine at playing anything else aswell. no problems with it.
    its a wharfdale dvd 750S.

any help? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Could be the case that your DVD player will not play writable DVD's. Some old or cheap DVD players don't support them. On the bright side it may play DVD-R while not playing DVD+R or vice versa. So if your copied dvd is on dvd-r try dvd+r.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Well its DVD-R. is there any way i can get around it? any hack or code or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

I'd doubt it. As far as I know it's just an inadequacy in the dvd driver itself. Try DVD+r and see if it works. Also try rw media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

also try writing the copied dvd at a lower speed, say 4x rather than 8x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

If you do try a DVD-R+ change the booktype in nero to DVD-ROM
    Might help with compatiblity. You can only do this with + and if you DVD burner supports it.

h0b1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

VCDHelp lists a 750 (no 750s). Although the table says it supports DVD-R, if you read down through it, it would appear to be a goof on the part of a submitter. All others say that it doesn't support -R but does support +R.

Advertisement