Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rag week

• 13-01-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

when is rag week?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

im assumin it starts on monday the 20th coz thats the last full week within february, and any time b4 that wud be jsut too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lashes

ya i think its the 20th feb too oooohhh should be fun this year. bungee jumping is on too and the saw doctors are playing on the wednesday i think in the music factory. its 10 euros for tickets anywayz

i saw saw doctors (saw saw hehe) play before. they werent great. Owen sed hes on the comittee and its gonna be ****. so lashes, will this mean u'll actuially come out on the piss wit us? my god! some1 call Jaysus!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lashes

oh bman!! you'd like me to come out wouldnt you???? forget it!! heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I will unfortunatly be away this year, on a feild trip to Itialy... i was actually kinda looking forward to Rag week this year.

• Advertisement

jaysus, lashes, what will i ever do? hmmm suppose i'll have to have fun and enjoy meself without u. wonder if thats even possible.

on a side note, any acts confirmed for RAG week? the SU should get that cheque book out and dip into their 50k funds to organise something decent and give us some good college memories, rather than just passing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im starting my work placement the 20th.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

In all those years I was at Carlow.. I never went on the Rag Week Rampages BAH!

Ah well...see if they invented a magic tunnel from my house here to carlow then maybe I'd go...

kegan5 wrote:
    In all those years I was at Carlow.. I never went on the Rag Week Rampages BAH!

Ah well...see if they invented a magic tunnel from my house here to carlow then maybe I'd go...

lets hope they do a better job of it than the port tunnel! :eek: oh my god a political joke on the IT Carlow board, i feel like such a trinity student!

RAG week is gonna rock this year coz its me last so im gonna single handedly make it cool. so everyone that wants a good time, come wit me....to the crystal dome......dah dah dah nanah, dah dah dah nanah, dah dah dah nanah, dah nah!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

The_B_Man wrote:
    RAG week is gonna rock this year coz its me last so im gonna single handedly make it cool. so everyone that wants a good time, come wit me....to the crystal dome......dah dah dah nanah, dah dah dah nanah, dah dah dah nanah, dah nah!!

Think I'll give that one a miss!

As for the tunnel it'll probably be Smart Cars only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 celebratarian

getting pissed for the whole week b man? i no i am!!!!!!!! the WHOLE week!!! and im doing the bungee jump! bring it on.. it's the only reason we're in college! for the rag week! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭mada999

aghhghgghghhg can't believe I'm gonna miss it....
    It'll be the first time in 6 years that I'm not there getting wasted!! :mad:
    god damn real world :mad: work sucks...

mada, pull a sicky! the sooner ur bosses realise its the real world, and that ppl are gonna get sick, the better.

where u get a job anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Im pulling a sicky the thursday and friday so i can head out the Wednesday night and the Thursday night.

Im sure i can persuade Mada to follow suite i can mentally twist his arm!

:D

Ha Ha hate to be starting work on the 20th!
    You could all ways do what i did and quit after the 1st day of placement and take the Month of march off as well!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Who's playing the rag ball? any
    any word on what any of the pubs are doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I think bluemoose are playing the Rag Ball...... I'll check that one for ya.

aye..... Bluemoose it is...... excellent band. I'd recommend anyone that likes live bands to check these guys out.

Is des Bishop here for rag week??
    If he is Anyone know where and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

me and my mates will be playing with ourselfs in tullys wednesday of rag week, and well be better that the saw doctors

• Advertisement

ali.g, whats the name of ur band? sounds good anyway. ill see if i can drag a loada ppl to it.

Ali I'm your mate and you never asked me to play with ya?? I'm just gonna have to go play with myself then won't I

YEEHAWWW! nearly there. my left eyebrow is tingeling with anticipation of what could be one of the greates rag weeks known too man or god.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

have to say it sounds like a pretty good rag week. does anyone know what the deal with quasar is? cause it says its on in the barrow centre, but thats about all.

Kiith wrote:
    have to say it sounds like a pretty good rag week. does anyone know what the deal with quasar is? cause it says its on in the barrow centre, but thats about all.

mustnt be on in the barrow centre so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dunno about ye, but i think the scavenger hunt has some serious potential, that and the rag ball are the two highest on my hitlist. Des Bishop is here on Thursday and Friday in the music factory, for who ever asked.

First ever Rag week! I'm out to make a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

lol you go red, ya legend :p

Ya the scavenger hunt is high on me list along with quaser(?) (though its meant to be 40ft high and half the size of the barrow centre so really :confused: about its location) and of course heavy drinking and all the games that go with it!!

Though a word of warning the rag ball is generally crapish (well the last 2 were), its just a glorified normal thursday night in the foundry/tower with more people around and costs more money to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

screw u balkie for not coming to my lan....we had soooo much fun,haha. gonna have another one next thursday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

it was so much better than compsoc imo :D

• Advertisement

way to go off topic there.
    I'm doing the bungee jump so I can't wait for that.
    does anyone know where its going to be on

Advertisement