Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best night club??

Options
  • 13-01-2006 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the best night club in the north east area?

from where i am, can easily get a taxi to/from ardee, carrick, drogheda, navan and dundalk.

been to shambles, amber, silence, vicars, the fiddlers, solar, ardboyne, and earth.

am a bit fed up with all of the above and was just wondering what other night clubs (if any) are worth going to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i like silence, and vicars although the latter's crowd is quite young. fiddlers is a fave from the old days :)
    what bout ridleys?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i like silence, and vicars although the latter's crowd is quite young. fiddlers is a fave from the old days :)
    what bout ridleys?

dont have grey hair so cant get in :)

just a suggestion ;) what age are you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

the palace in Navan is your place to go. Nice crowd in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Yeah was just going to say the Palace. People your age there, whereas if you go to the ardboyne etc. you will probably be the oldest in the place!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well if you are willing to go a bit further you could check out The Switch in Castleblaney. It's quite a good spot, good music. It has a couple of different floors with different music on each. Downstairs you have an older crowd and then upstairs you have a young crowd (too young in some cases if you ask me).

All in all a good spot. But Castleblaney isn't really a town I would hang around for long after 2.30/3am, can get a little rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

The forum in monaghan i know its a bit of a spin down but it is unreal. it a 4 level club pure class do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

whatever you do, don't go to Home/Afterdark in Balbriggan. Absolute dive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I really enjoy going to ridleys nightclub in Dundalk, I find the staff and the bouncers really friendly it’s got a great clientele I must admit. You will never see a fight or scumbags in the place, the bouncers are very strict at the door but it proves a great success, as the place is busy every night it is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Sarge wrote:
    I really enjoy going to ridleys nightclub in Dundalk, I find the staff and the bouncers really friendly it’s got a great clientele I must admit. You will never see a fight or scumbags in the place, the bouncers are very strict at the door but it proves a great success, as the place is busy every night it is open.

it has a bit of an older crowd but your right in saying that you'll never see a fight in it. least it's not full of kids like vicars is :rolleyes:

Yeh been meaning to get to the forum in monaghan but can never get a crowd to go, would probably have to stay there too.
    would it be worth goin up at staying for a friday and saturday night?

the ball and chain is only 18 so i'm used to the younger crowd anyway and enjoy vicars sometimes, prefer amber though, its a good bit nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Great spot for the craic, although I suppose werever you go its always nice to be in a good crowd, who dont take themselves too seriously

Great spot for the craic, although I suppose werever you go its always nice to be in a good crowd, who dont take themselves too seriously

thats true, if you have people ya can the craic with then it can make anywhere seem like a great spot

dont know about friday
    But yeah really worth going down to it on saturday .

The froum is part of a hotel which has two other bars 3 level bar for older people and a disco bar for young people really worth goin to

Was in the fiddlers over christmas anyone been at it since the split into two different sections .

havent been in fiddlers since one of the college balls last yr in rag week

disc wrote:
    dont know about friday
    But yeah really worth going down to it on saturday .

The froum is part of a hotel which has two other bars 3 level bar for older people and a disco bar for young people really worth goin to

Was in the fiddlers over christmas anyone been at it since the split into two different sections .

Have i missed something or am i just getting old is the forum , what used to be called the oasis ?

no the forum is in monaghan town .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Last time I was at Fidlers was during Rag Week about 2 and a half years ago now :/ Christ I am old.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

Go on a wee bit more into the region, the imperial in cavan can be great craic and gets good bands too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Agreed...mind you before it was 'renovated' they had a chipper built into the nightclub.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

If Latvian/Polish/Russian girls are your thing go to The Stage in Lusk co. Dublin. Beware though, you'll be fighting for their attentions along with 50 year old men...who actually do pretty well if ye get me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Shambles kids.

Lets face it, it is "Europes Finest Nightclub". *

None of the other fine establishments mentioned here have that prestigious title.

*When Shambles first opened, this slogan appeared on the posters. They hardly lied, now did they?

Sarge wrote:
    Have i missed something or am i just getting old is the forum , what used to be called the oasis ?
    The Oasis is now called the "Carrick Court Hotel" Sarge. Haven't been there since I was 16... I don't think they are opening the night club up again, no loss really.

embee wrote:
    Shambles kids.
    Lets face it, it is "Europes Finest Nightclub". *
    None of the other fine establishments mentioned here have that prestigious title.
    *When Shambles first opened, this slogan appeared on the posters. They hardly lied, now did they?

id say they told a wee white lie ;)

wow the oasis, now that brings back fond memories..teenage disco age 14, ah everything was so simple back then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The Shambles. Many a drunken night was spent in there years ago. What was Indigo called after the Lemon and Clove. Was it The Mingles?

yeah mingles . Looked better then than it does now do

Shambles is ment to be gettin done up do i heard . Worse nightclub ever

THe music is the same week in week out. (use to go with a girl from ardee only reason i went to the place)

And the oasis in it s time was thee place wow great times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The Mingles and Shambles. ffs couldn't they thing of any better names.

• Advertisement

wow the oasis, now that brings back fond memories..teenage disco age 14, ah everything was so simple back then :)
    Indeed. :D

Advertisement