Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best night club??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

petes wrote:
    The Mingles and Shambles. ffs couldn't they thing of any better names.

i think the shambles is the perfect name for that night club :)
    yeh it was meant to close down and get done up, but any time it gets done up its just a few new lights or a new lick of paint.

the castle pub in ardee has to be the worst pub in louth, it smells, has an age grooup of 15 - 18 (especially young women), and its toilets look like they were bombed out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

draffodx wrote:
    yeh it was meant to close down and get done up, but any time it gets done up its just a few new lights or a new lick of paint.

the castle pub in ardee has to be the worst pub in louth, it smells, has an age grooup of 15 - 18 (especially young women), and its toilets look like they were bombed out of it.

http://clubshambles.com/

JUST 'pure quality' :D:D

still never stopped me from goin every wkend....when u compare dublin to 'ardee city' u really just never want to leave ardee hey! What a place....:) :)

what a kip, college ball is on in it this thursday, what a joke.

still starman in indigo next saturday, should be good to get out of the new year depression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭mise_me_fein_V2

brilliant. 5 euros in to see a covers bank that never update their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:

The Castle Inn is an absolute and utter kip. There is no other way to describe it.

Apparently, Shambles is being knocked, so there can be an extension to Muldoon's dining room. Shambles would be moving to "the back" of Indigo, and Indigo would refer only to the bar, as it now exists. Any truth in this? Methinks that the back of Indigo is a bit small for Shambles.

• Advertisement

They're building another level on the shambles and moving to indigo until the work is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

TBH the Forum is a ball of sh*te!!!

It's my local, so to speak & I hate it, but there's nowhere else in Monaghan unless you're prepaired to walk about 1/2hr back into town from Lotus One (Four Seasons) in the pouring rain at 3 in the morn when no taxi's will give you a lift.

If a big gang of ye are going together then the Forum probably is pretty good. It's cool looking, but it's SO big that you never find anyone you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

They're building another level on the shambles and moving to indigo until the work is completed.
    When is this happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

shambles was only done up not so long ago. Shambles problem is the owners of it.
    They are not nice people at all. Have always found them to be very ignorant . and as for the muppet in indigo say no more.

And the music is the same over and over. Is the dj playing it off the same cd each night.

Ardee is a dying town when it comes to night time entertainment.

Indigo is probally the best looking pub in the town, but far to small for bands. It would have been better as a disco bar.

Ardee really needs another niteclub big time especially now with all the new people in it .

I was in carrick on saturday and the amount of people in it from ardee was unreal, and now the fiddlers is seperated into 2 different places i think this is really good, I enjoyed the music big time .

And this brings me onto my next Question ?

Is it the Dj that now makes the night ? Are they all playing the same music ?
    and who are the best dj's around.

The guy in ridleys on a saturday night is brilliant (i love music form the 80's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PoppyG

Yeah fiddlers is brilliant, esp the front room with all the discos, (80s?) music! Yeah all of ardee head there! The dj makes the night but the people do too..hence why shambles is a shambles...dirty pervs! So people who go to fiddlers...anyone name any songs from the old sch room? i cant remember any and i love them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Good god no. I hate that room. That is where all of the Shercock ones hang out too. I prefer doing my drunken laps of the new part of the Fiddlers and hanging around the little bar upstairs. They usually get a few results! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

was in d fiddlers there sat nite i have 2 agree it is pretty gud!
    did ya's ever go to the shirley arms hotel niteclub its called lonergan's in carrick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

PoppyG wrote:
    Yeah fiddlers is brilliant, esp the front room with all the discos, (80s?) music! Yeah all of ardee head there! The dj makes the night but the people do too..hence why shambles is a shambles...dirty pervs!

Yeah carrick always has loads of people from ardee. Just show what a dump ardee is .

Yeah also love the top room it s class , Isn't one of the djs in fiddlers from Ardee ?

Lets not go Ardee bashing. The Fiddlers isn't all that hot. The DJ used to play that West Virginia sh!te religiously for ages.

it's full of boggers

it's full of boggers
    I totally agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea thirded! i went there when i was 16, 17 and used to meet all the culchies from round my way ;)

Who are the shercock ones?
    Boggers?...people from the bog rule...so mad!!!
    and the 80s room does rule, whats more fun then dancing to tunes your parents belt out every now and again

god i hate fiddlers was there on st stephens night and it literally was the worst night of the life, its full of farmers!!

Yeh I know starman are milking it a bit now but they seem to bring a good crowd to the back of indigo and they play evil by interpol.

yeh does anyone know exactly whats happening to shambles?
    theres been rumours around for ages.

I reckon the back of indigo would be far better than the shambles, it used to be the mingles and it was great craic

Toasty wrote:
    was in d fiddlers there sat nite i have 2 agree it is pretty gud!
    did ya's ever go to the shirley arms hotel niteclub its called lonergan's in carrick?

or ya mite know it as Katz?
    ne1 heard of it or been to it?

PoppyG wrote:
    Who are the shercock ones?
    They stand around that old part of the Fiddlers getting themselves rat arsed basically. I don't think they dance or anything, just drink. :D
    draffodx wrote:
    god i hate fiddlers was there on st stephens night and it literally was the worst night of the life, its full of farmers!!
    Funnily enough, I had a great night in there that night. Even though it was absolutely jammed and you couldn't get to the bar. I was full before I even reached the Fiddlers though so maybe that had something to do with it.

But yeah, you are right there is so many people going around with check shirts with rolled up sleeves, tucked into their Wranglers and the big bogger walk. I actually was walking past this guy chatting up a girl one night in the fiddlers and I heard him say "have you seen my new tractor" or something along those lines. I nearly fell over with laughter.

It depends on what part of the Fiddlers you are in though, the little room upstairs is the place to go if you want to get away from boggers/farmers.

• Advertisement

no no no! youve got to love the boggers! and a tractor..now come on thats so hot...well not the tractor exactly but what one can do with access to one and fields...lol, ignore me, im bored

Toasty wrote:
    or ya mite know it as Katz?
    ne1 heard of it or been to it?

ANYONE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

disc wrote:
    And the music is the same over and over. Is the dj playing it off the same cd each night.

The guy in ridleys on a saturday night is brilliant (i love music form the 80's)

Just had to put those two together.

The music in Ridleys in the same week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

no one mentioned earth?

i wouldnt, but im just suprised no one else did

I'm taking it that the lack of replies means no one has ever heard of Katz a.k.a lonergan's a.k.a shirley arms hotel in carrick??!!

Sorry Toasty. Yeah, I've been in it a good few times for gigs. I'm not too fond of the disco in it to be honest. What do you think of it?

to be quite honest i think it's class! the music is sometimes sh!t in it but i think its coz i know all the ppl that go there is why i think its class.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tIS hImSelF

there was a thread a few weeks back on the best nightclub in dundalk....there is only 4 night clubs in the town! So lets see what names crop up with the best bar....after all dundalk does have over 120 bars

Bars:
    1) Brubakers
    2) Spirit Store
    3) O'Connells
    4) Beerkeeper
    5) The Phoenix

Nightclubs:
    1) Ridleys (suprice suprise)
    2) Amber
    3) Laceys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

there is only 4 night clubs in the town!

Nightclubs:
    1) Ridleys (suprice suprise)
    2) Amber
    3) Laceys

what about Vicars and Silence ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Yea i started that thread on the pubs in dundalk

In my opinion
    1. Brubakers
    2. Beerkeeper
    3. Lawlors