Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P. Mark Spoon 1966 - 2006

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

jonny68 wrote:

Aww man, this sucks.

I loved Spoon, especially Time To Burn and The City ..R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Some of the best ever PROPER Trance (none of the rubbish you hear thesedays) was produced by jam and Spoon,Dance Music has lost another legend:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

****:(

Storm always brings the memories flooding back.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

jonny68 wrote:
    Some of the best ever PROPER Trance (none of the rubbish you hear thesedays) was produced by jam and Spoon,Dance Music has lost another legend:confused:

Gotta disagree with that. The way i see it trance is evolving, in a good way..
    With artists like Gabriel and Dresden,Markus Schulz and Armin, Im really looking forward to what 2006 brings

Tiesto wrote:
    Gotta disagree with that. The way i see it trance is evolving, in a good way..
    With artists like Gabriel and Dresden,Markus Schulz and Armin, Im really looking forward to what 2006 brings

Today's Trance music is nonsense and will never ever be as good as early/mid 1990's Trance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

There seems to be a new wave of trance at the moment. Early nineties and all that. PvD - Vorsprung Dyk Technik sums it up but as mentioned 2006 could be a great year. Gabriel & Dresdens debut artist album is due soon:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Thanks for that Jonny.

Hats off to a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

jonny68 wrote:
    Today's Trance music is nonsense and will never ever be as good as early/mid 1990's Trance

Agree 100%. Its all being resampled again, and again, and again.... how many more times is there gong to be an Adagio For Strings for crying out loud!!

Mark Soon, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

As far as i know it was supposed to be released in December. so dont know what happened.
    They have a remix compilation out called Bloom which is pretty good
    Adagio for strings....
    That tiesto mix absolutely sucks. I dont like Tiesto at all anymore. (maybe i should consider changing my nick) :)
    And dont judge the trance scene of today based on the top 2 or 3 djs.
    check out markus and gabriel and dresden, there sound is excellent!

Im memory of the man himself here is Mark Spoon Live in Germany 1994 playing a slamming mix of German Techno with the occasional House classic thrown in for good measure...enjoy :)

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09S9KD2MXYPE81JNFJQYULIBGP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

jonny68 wrote:
    Im memory of the man himself here is Mark Spoon Live in Germany 1994 playing a slamming mix of German Techno with the occasional House classic thrown in for good measure...enjoy :)

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09S9KD2MXYPE81JNFJQYULIBGP

Nice one Jonny68, only listening to tripomatic fairytales 2001/2 tonight.

Mark Spoon R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nearly deafened myself listening to the Jam & Spoon mix of Age of Love earlier on.
    i'd forgottern just how great it is:(

cheers for the mix jonny

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Very sad news :( R.I.P.

Odyssey To Anyoona was one of my favourites from them, an amazing tune.

Thanks for the mix Jonny, look forward to a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dj pj

cheers for the mix bud

Advertisement